Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

The Seattle Museum of Flight is Aviation History plus Ossomeness

The Museum of Flight is the top attraction in Seattle after the iconic Space Needle.

01 - The Museum of Flight in Seattle01 - The Museum of Flight in Seattle

I planned for half a day in mind including local travel from downtown but found that there were several galleries within the museum.

So, my advice would be to preplan the time to spend in each one, and this could easily sum up to 2 days.

02 - The Entrance of Museum of Flight in Seattle02 - The Entrance of Museum of Flight in Seattle

A lot of walking is involved since the galleries and also the exhibits are huge.
So, there are a few benches spread all over generously to take quick breaks. 

Once you are past the front desk, enter a world of aircraft ranging from the earliest times of flight till the mid-80s.

03 - The Frontdesk of Museum of Flight in Seattle03 - The Frontdesk of Museum of Flight in Seattle

Left and right, above and below, there are scale models and real aircraft scattered all over the place.

04 - Exhibits at the Museum of Flight in Seattle04 - Exhibits at the Museum of Flight in Seattle

As I marveled at one artifact after another, I felt like one big eye.  👀

05 - Exhibits at the Museum of Flight in Seattle05 - Exhibits at the Museum of Flight in Seattle

They have a huge cafeteria with steep prices and ample seating capacity.

Additionally, one can also munch on the food under the shadow of the huge wings of a vintage place.
Where else you can get such an amazing experience?

06 - Cafeteria at the Museum of Flight in Seattle06 - Cafeteria at the Museum of Flight in Seattle

Like all US museums, the exit passes through a mandatory souvenir shop that has several gift items to choose from.

07 - Gift Shop at the Museum of Flight in Seattle07 - Gift Shop at the Museum of Flight in Seattle

The collection was vast with literally hundreds of airplanes that are well taken care of. 

There were signs with descriptions and explanations for every artifact. 

Also, since Seattle is also the birthplace of the Boeing company, expect to see a lot of aviation history.

🚄 How to Reach

I took the Seattle light rail metro for three dollars to reach there. 

Read how to reach the Museum of Flight from downtown Seattle using the metro train and spending only $3

🎟 Entry Ticket and Facilities

Tickets are 26$ each for adults. 

Tip: Entry is free on the first Thursday of every month.
On this day, the parking lot is always packed, but there is parking across the street.

🚻 Restrooms

The restrooms of the Museum of Flight are free and accessible.

🕒 Timings 

9 am to 5 pm

Accessibility

The entire museum is accessible to the differently abled.

🏡 Where to Stay

I stayed in the Green Tortoise Hostel studded with features, yet very economical rates.

🏝 Top Tourist Places in Seattle

Post Alley Gum Wall 
Space Needle
The Museum of Flight
Chihuly Garden and Glass
Pike Marketplace

Seattle, WA, USA
14 comments
Level 8

Re: The Seattle Museum of Flight is Aviation History plus Awesomeness

@Tushar_Suradkar  The flight museum looks wonderful, different planes denote evolution in Flight history , evolution year by year, and image collages appear cool.,the things in gift shop of museum looking cool.

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 10

Oh...2 days in a single location! Will it not be expensive?

I too agree that you have long...long... area to cover... Don't they have electric vehicles?

Fabulous.... post...!

Full of very interesting photos - all are great shots with excellent composition.

You have shown your "Collage Creating" talents - wow... amazing! Loved each one...

Thanks for sharing this Museum...

& Additional points are also impressive!

Regards, my dear @Tushar_Suradkar 

🤝🌹👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar 

The Museum of Flight is very nice look.

Connect Moderator

Thank you, dear @Praniketmore 👍@mohanghyar 🤝 for the appreciation 😊

Connect Moderator

Thank you, @TravellerG 

It has become too expensive over the years.

but the museum is too large to be covered in half a day as I planned originally.

It is like a mini city of several museums in one place.

Unfortunately, there are no electric vehicles to move around, people simply walk endlessly. 😥

The photo collages are credited to the online service https://www.photocollage.com/ which offers a simple drag-and-drop facility and a huge range of templates to choose from 😊

Level 10

@Tushar_Suradkar  

Very thorough and informative! I really love exhibits dedicated to aviation.

lol - your description of the cafeteria “steep prices and ample seating” makes me think the prices are the reason for so many empty seats 😂

Kudos on a well written guide!

Connect Moderator

Good observation about the empty cafeteria @MattGatlin though the museum was teeming with visitors on that day.

Also looking at your amazing signature with the Master badges, I'd invite you to also look at this freshly baked post from @TravellerG about the Google Maps badges, where he is seeking tips and tricks from those who have attained this feat.

Level 9

The museum  is very big and decorated with old plane ✈️  . They are best 👍 at their time in Aviation industry, new  one are more safe and cost effective. But they  help modern plane to become more Advanced in nature. 

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar  sir  for sharing with us.. 

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 10

"...several museums in one place..."

Hmm...I understand...

Sorry, are we really getting the benefit of multiple Museums? My doubt is... there are many aeroplanes (just for example)...how much more information can we "store"?... kindly excuse me if I'm wrong...

I already visited the Photocollage site... mind-blowing! Can't agree more... thanks for your guidance... highly appreciated...

Thanks 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me