Alecat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The best beaches of Sardinia

Last week I was on holiday in Sardinia (Italy)

Sardinia is very famous in the world for its beautiful beaches and the crystalline waters of its Mediterranean Sea.

But going on holiday not adequately advised it can be a nasty surprise. 

Indeed for some years, many internationally renowned beaches have restricted access to preserve the beautiful environment.

So I have decided to share with you my recent experience there, giving you some tips and advice about the beaches I visited during my trip to Sardinia. 

LA PELOSA BEACH (North-west of Sardinia)

Located on the northwest side of Sardinia, near the town of Stintino, maybe it is one of the most famous Sardinian beaches, especially loved for its crystalline light blue water and its fine sandy beach. Unfortunately the access to the beach is restricted. If you want access to the beach you should look at the local city council website https://www.lapelosastintino.com/ to try to find a ticket  (the price is 3.5 euros/person), but nowadays the entries are sold out until the next 27th of August.

There are also limited spots for car parking (2.5 euros/hour for the cars)

La Pelosa BeachLa Pelosa Beach

La Pelosa BeachLa Pelosa Beach

LE SALINE BEACH (North-west of Sardinia)

Located southeast of La Pelosa Beach, this spot has free entry. It is a very large beach, not so busy but unlike La Pelosa, it is a beach of very small white pebbles. The water is also very crystalline but sometimes the Posidonia oceanica can be annoying. The name "Le saline" is because the old salt flats were there. Nowadays it is a natural reservoir for  lot of different birds, especially flamingos. 

Close to the beach there is a big parking for cars, motos, and campers (the price it is 2,5 euros/hours for cars)

Natura Oasis "Le Saline"(behind the beach)Natura Oasis "Le Saline"(behind the beach)

Panoramic view of "Le Saline" beach at the sunsetPanoramic view of "Le Saline" beach at the sunset

Crystalline water of "Le Saline" beachCrystalline water of "Le Saline" beach

"LU IMPOSTU" BEACH (North-est of Sardinia)

Moving toward the northeast coast of Sardinia, south of the famous Emerald Coast, you can find another amazing beach: "Lu Impostu".

Just like "La Pelosa", also "Lu Impostu" beach has restricted access, but because of the different reservation system, it is quite easy to find a place! (Good news"). Indeed the reservation system it is daily updated and you can book two days in advance maximum. This system gives you the good chance to get some entrance tickets for 2 euros/person (the website where to reserve spots is https://santeodorospiagge.it/ ).

The beach is basically a white fine sandy beach but inside the crystalline water, you can find a few points with some rocks. You can easily identify these points because the light blue color of the water change into a dark blu.

The car parking cost 2.50 euros/hours (1.50 for motorcycle)

"Lu Impostu" Beach (North-east of Sardinia)"Lu Impostu" Beach (North-east of Sardinia)

"CALA BRANDINCHI" BEACH (North-est of Sardinia)

Located on the northeast coast of Sardinia, close to "Lu Impostu" beach, there is another wonderful beach: "Cala Brandinchi"

The beach is of a white fine sandy beach with amazing crystalline water, but access is limited so you have to reserve a spot on the website https://santeodorospiagge.it/  for 2 euros/person

The car parking cost 2.50 euros/hour (1.50 for a motorcycle)

Cala Brandinchi Beach, Sardinia - ItalyCala Brandinchi Beach, Sardinia - Italy

Cala Brandinchi Beach, Sardinia - ItalyCala Brandinchi Beach, Sardinia - Italy

14 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The best beaches of Sardinia

It is indeed a very beautiful beach with crystal clear water. Thank you for sharing this place with us here @Alecat Why would they restrict access to the beach? I have never heard you have to purchase a ticket to go to the beach. This is something new and might be in a good way!

In Cambodia, we have similar beaches..White sand and crystal clear water on the beach, Oppo 2016White sand and crystal clear water on the beach, Oppo 2016White sand and crystal clear water on the beach, Oppo 2016White sand and crystal clear water on the beach, Oppo 2016White sand and crystal clear water on the beach, Oppo 2016White sand and crystal clear water on the beach, Oppo 2016The swing for us..Otres Beach, Sihanouk VilleThe swing for us..Otres Beach, Sihanouk VilleTa Barang beach, Sihanouk VilleTa Barang beach, Sihanouk VilleGolden sand with crystal clear water, paradise for swimmer and sunbathersGolden sand with crystal clear water, paradise for swimmer and sunbathersClear water, Koh TonsayClear water, Koh TonsayThe water is so tempting, Koh TonsayThe water is so tempting, Koh TonsayKoh Rong Sanleum, best for relaxingKoh Rong Sanleum, best for relaxingSunset over the sea and boat at Koh Tonsai. Watching for sunset at the sea is one of the best feeling ever!Sunset over the sea and boat at Koh Tonsai. Watching for sunset at the sea is one of the best feeling ever!Me, swimming at Infinity Pool at Koh Songsaa, Sihanouk VilleMe, swimming at Infinity Pool at Koh Songsaa, Sihanouk VilleKoh Songsaa island, very closed to Koh RongKoh Songsaa island, very closed to Koh RongSarasen bay, Koh Rong Sanloeum, Sihanouk VilleSarasen bay, Koh Rong Sanloeum, Sihanouk VilleA view from Saracen bay to the ferry dorkA view from Saracen bay to the ferry dorkSaracean beach, Koh Rong SanleoumSaracean beach, Koh Rong SanleoumSunset at Lazy beachSunset at Lazy beachSaracean beach, Koh Rong Sanleum, Sihanouk VilleSaracean beach, Koh Rong Sanleum, Sihanouk VilleMe, swimming early morning at Saracean beach, Koh Rong Sanleoum. It is one of my greatest travel experiencesMe, swimming early morning at Saracean beach, Koh Rong Sanleoum. It is one of my greatest travel experiencesParadise beach of Koh RongParadise beach of Koh RongParadise beach of Koh Rong, Sihanouk villeParadise beach of Koh Rong, Sihanouk villeLazy beachLazy beachSandy BeachSandy BeachSandy BeachSandy Beach

Level 9

All the photos are very nice @Sophia_Cambodia . The water is definitely very clear and beautiful. Hope you had good time.

Anitha Muthu
Connect Moderator

Thank you @AnithaM I did have a great time, but it was like 3 years ago since the beach time. I haven't got a chance to go again.

Connect Moderator

Ciao @Alecat,

very beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them! I hope (and I'm sure) you enjoyed your holiday in Sardinia 😍.

The practice of reserve tickets to go to some special beaches is quite common in Italy @Sophia_Cambodia. The reasons are different based on the places but mainly are for very specific places which are natural spots / reserve, specifically beautiful and maybe not so big. It could be to preserve the natural spot from being so crowdy (otherwise it would be full especially for such beautiful places!) and take care of the reserve or there are even some which comes from Covid time (for example here in Tuscany a few very natural small ones) where the number of people had to be restricted and it has been left like that because found out it is more enjoyable for everyone. Btw very nice photos as well 😊.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you @LuigiZ for additional information about the beach restriction. Here, it is either public or private which does not allow the public to access it at all. 

Level 9

Ciao @LuigiZ 

Thank you very much for your comment!

@Sophia_Cambodia as @LuigiZ has explained the main reason is to preserve natural spot from mass tourism. Another reason is also to allow to local people to have access to their places/beaches (Imagine if local people could not go to their places because mass tourism).

In Italy there are also public and private beaches. The access to private beaches is usually allowed only to their clients

Level 7

More i plaže su fantastične...

Zaista kristalno čisto more.

I vaše fotografije su sjajne @Alecat 

😊🇭🇷 

@Sophia_Cambodia i vaše fotografije su sjajne.

More i plaže su prekrasne...

😊🇭🇷

Level 8

Very beautiful post @Alecat  the sunset view is amazing , thanks for sharing it here . @Sophia_Cambodia I love the way you clicked pictures , you both are really good photographers . I'm a thalassophobic person but after seeing these pictures i will definitely explore beaches and seas 😊👍.

Level 9

I have just added another beach (Lu Impostu) to my review!