cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unity Walk - Spam Free Maps Across India Mission

UWSPAMFREE-Banner.jpg

Dear Indian LGs

As you guys know we made a mission name UNITY WALK, the solo moto of the mission is to help the community in various ways after this lockdown. we got very good responses from the Local Guide Community so we decided we will do these kinds of missions regularly. 

after the conversation with all Local Guides, we got to know in India lots of Lgs and Non-Lgs, Our Precious Google Maps is suffering from Spam. as we celebrate our independence day in the Month of August  on 15th August  so we decided that we will host Unity Walk - Spam Free Maps from 15th August to 31st August

Here are some questions 
What is Spam free Google Maps?
UW-Spam Free Maps Mission, where we will report photos, videos,  reviews, and Local Guides which are not relevant to the particular location. 

Example.
1) Personal photos (including photos with prominent faces & vehicle Number Plates, etc.),
2) Selfies,
3) Duplicate photos,
4) Checking misguiding reviews (not helpful),
5) Report reviews of the copy-pasted  reviews,
6) Irrelevant & unrelated reviews for the location.  

How can we do this?
A. Apply & get the Meetup approved from August 15th - 31st August (Any Time)
B. Dedicate your time during the Meetup hours to do the Spam Clearing
C. Write a RECAP with relevant details & post it in LG Connect. 

How to Apply for LG Connect Meetup?.
We need the following items to apply for an LG Connect Meetup.
(1). A Banner,
(2). Title: UW - Spam Free Maps [City name].
(3). Type of Meet up: Others.
(4). Content where you can write why you want to host that meetup
(5). The Location: Type your location.
(6). Date: 15-08-2020 - 31st August 
(7). Time: Any time 

How to clear the Spam?
You can stay at your home, open Google Maps App, and start cleaning as explained below. Please keep the record of all cleaning you do, so that you can write it in the RECAP.
1). On your computer, open Google Maps. Make sure you're signed in.
2). In the top left, click Menu. 
3). Select 'Send feedback' option.
4). In the window that pops up, choose the feedback you would like to give.
5). Follow the instructions.
6). Click Submit.

Here are 5 Ways to Make Maps Spam-Free (Made By Naresh Darji)

i am nominating 10 Leaders from Different Communities from India

@NareshDarji (Gujrat) @TravellerG (Tamil Nadu) @JohnPeter (Chennai) @NarenChandra (Bengaluru) @RahulKumarB (Rajasthan) @IshantHP_ig (Uttarakhand) @deepakjhic (Uttar Pradesh) @BijohnAdams (Assam) @PritishB (Kolkata) @Bal (Punjab)

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

27 comments
Level 10

Re: Unity Walk - Spam Free Maps Across India Mission

<-reserved for tagging hosts- >

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

<!- Reserved for tagging Hosts -!>

Level 10

Reserved for tagging Host

Level 10

Congratulations on your India Unity Walk Mission... 

Excellent, dear @AmbrishVarshney JI

Let us try & make the event a grand success.

Yes, I have been contacted by more than 25 LGs, who have already shown their interest...

This LINK May Help the Needy a Bit - "How to APPLY"

"A Sanctioned Sample Post"

[Just for reference only] LINK Here.

All the best...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Will be tagging more LGs, here...

@AmbrishVarshney & @NareshDarji 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

@AmbrishVarshney  This is like online Maps version of Swatcch Bharat Abhiyan 😊👍All the best ! @NareshDarji I loved the way you have captured the video to guide others about reporting spam! Great job👍

All the best to all the Leaders too👍

Thanks ! In case you wish to reach out, kindly send a private message on Connect. Feel free to tag on interesting posts by adding  '@' before my Connect profile id : globe_trotter_ish and I will respond as soon as I can !

Connect Moderator |  Guiding Star 2020 |  Guiding Star 2022Meet-up ChampionAccessibility Champion

Read Accessibility awareness posts here  | Accessible life - Google Earth projectInclusion and diversity series  | #GoGreenWithMaps series

My Instagram profile 

Level 10

@AmbrishVarshney very visionary..lets make this oppertunity of Swachh Maps with a grand success..

Level 10

My heartiest congratulations and respect to all nominated regional leaders for their efforts to bring the entire community together. With their strengths, this mission will be more powerful and effective than our last unity walk...

Level 10

Thank you very much for inspiring S very dear, @TPattanaik 

We all you that we will put in our efforts to make the event successful.

Let us join our hands & try...

Regards