indahnuria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

VIVA FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2023 AT AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND

Photo Collage of FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 in Wellington taken by LG @indahnuriaPhoto Collage of FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 in Wellington taken by LG @indahnuria

Oleeee oleee oleee oleee…

Oleeee oleee..

I guess you will automatically sing the tune as you read the lyrics here 

I know that FIFA Women’s World Cup has concluded some times ago and I have been wanting to share this wonderful moment Connect earlier. Yet, I got caught up in the work but here we are now. I hope it’s not too late to celebrate the wonderful spirit we witness during the event and to extend  congratulations to all wonderful ladies who have played, joined and supported this big, wonderful event!

Congratulations for Spain 🇪🇸, the winner of this year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup.

As you all have probably be aware of, just recently, New Zealand and Australia have co-hosted FIFA Women’s World Cup. Wellington, or Whanganui-a-tara, is one of the cities listed as one of the venues. There are 3 other cities in Aotearoa New Zealand co-hosting FIFA Women’s World Cup matches, which are Auckland, Hamilton, and Dunedin. Whilst in Australia, I believe Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, and Brisbane.

the fun and joy captured during the match between New Zealand and the Philippines at FIFA Women's World Cup 2023, attended by LG @indahnuria and her familythe fun and joy captured during the match between New Zealand and the Philippines at FIFA Women's World Cup 2023, attended by LG @indahnuria and her family

I was lucky enough to get the chance to watch the match on the spot and spend some times in the Fan Zone. Together with my family, we watched the match between the Philippines and New Zealand. After fighting for the tickets (yes, ticket war is super REAL) and  got extra tickets thanks to my colleagues from the Philippines Embassy in Wellington, we managed to get the ticket for the 4 of us.  

It was a great match between 🇵🇭 and 🇳🇿 at Wellington Regional Stadium. For us,  #thefrakarsas to be there and be part of this, was  a blessing. It was really an experience of a lifetime for my kids too. As for me… it was a great time to see how tough women football players are and perfect timing to scream on top of my lungs without people complaining 🤗😁😎. I don’t really understand soccer but I do enjoy the game and the vibes. We (well, mostly I ) certainly screamed a lot along the game as it was quite intense and many opportunities to make goals were there. We even had an offsite goal and one goal being cancelled. Such a disappointment for Aotearoa team! We took lots of pictures with our ASEAN families in New Zealand during the game. That night was probably all about  ASEAN Sisterhood & Fun!  Obviously a lot of Philippinos were watching and cheering for their national team. Such a great time to see the jubilant atmosphere, plus seeing #sportsdiplomacy on the run 🎉🏟🎉.

The winner of that day, the Philippines' women soccer teamThe winner of that day, the Philippines' women soccer team

Well all in all, we really enjoyed the game and wanted to come for more. But due to our clashing schedules, we just managed to come to the fan zone to see other matches. The Fan Zone was located in the waterfront area so people were flocking there.

more photos from FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 taken by LG @indahnuriamore photos from FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 taken by LG @indahnuria

The match in Wellington was conducted in Wellington Regional Stadium. It’s known as Sky Stadium before. We has Eid Al Adha prayer and watched All Black Rugby match as well as Guns n’ Roses concert here. It’s a great stadium with complete facilities and very friendly for people with reduced mobilities and disabilities. This is my review of this stadium (Read HERE).

LG @indahnuria 's review on Wellington Regional StadiumLG @indahnuria 's review on Wellington Regional Stadium

Well, that’s a little adventure I have in Aotearoa New Zealand. Hope I can share more soon here in Connect.

Do you like soccer as well? Which one is your favorite team? Do you usually go see the match on the stadium as well or prefer watching it on TV? Share your experience, comments, and thoughts here.

Tagging my dear friends @TravellerG @AdamGT @PennyChristie @PaulPavlinovich @OliverKIWI here...

Terima kasih dan sampai jumpa di cerita berikutnya.

Wellington, New Zealand
36 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: VIVA FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2023 AT AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND

I think it's my first time knowing about FIFA women's world cup! Thanks for the great post, as always, mba @indahnuria!

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Thank you for tagging me @indahnuria  This is absolute a festival season.

Guess what? I worked for two matches as a hospitality worker at the main stadium in Auckland, The Eden Park. This is my credentialThis is my credential

I happened to know the owner of this temp staffing business. So once or twice a year, I work as a kitchen hand or cashier for events like concert or sports match at Eden Park - not for money, just for en experience. Last time I worked there is the Six60 concert. I worked two matches - the very first one: New Zealand vs Norway and the last one Spain vs Swede. For the second match, I asked my son to work with - just for him to have a taste of life. It was not physically at all. We cooked fries and flipped burgers at the kitchen:)

Eden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden ParkEden Park

★  Guiding Stars 2021   ★  My Footprints   ★  Instagram 

Level 7

Thank you @indahnuria for this wonderful and full of fun vibes post! All the pictures reflects the excitement and happiness levels. The ticket game is indeed a serious and real task at hand! But, getting tickets for such huge events turns blissful! Indeed, a happy and great post! 

Connect Moderator

Thanks mbaaa @NunungAfuah .. Hope you enjoy the post and I also didn't know much about FIFA Women's World Cup but after this event, I learnt more and more. Hope @Nyainurjanah and @Velvel will enjoy this. Do you think @PaDeSSo @Radjasitanggang @RahmatHarmanP @br14n like soccer, too?

Level 8

Bls: VIVA FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2023 AT AOTEAROA NEW ZEALAND

I knew there was a women's world cup but never follow and attended it. After knowing this story, I got to know it more closely and felt the vibe. Thank you for sharing Mba @indahnuria 

Level 10

Oleeeee oleee oleee oleee…..

Of course, FIFA Women's & Men's... Both are hot favourites...

Your narration made me feel your excitement... Congrats... 

I could also had your screamings, dear friend @indahnuria.

Great! 

Vibrant photos! 

Happy to read that you enjoyed the game with your family... Lucky that children also could watch... 👍

"... We has Eid Al Adha prayer and watched All Black Rugby match as well as Guns n’ Roses concert here...." That is really great combination... 😊

I'm tagging my team member @PrasadVR,

Best wishes for all... 

🤝❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Hi, dear friend... @OliverKIWI,

Happy to see you in a different role... Congratulations for father and son...👍🌹

Regards 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Great Post  @indahnuria   I too am a follower of women's Soccer. Being Canadian I have enjoyed the success of our women's team the last few years.

After this world cup 2 of the greatest women's players are set to retire"

The legendary Marta from Brazil, who has scored more world cup goals than any other women's player.

Christine Sinclair  from Canada who has scored more goals than any other player for her country.

Level 7

Lijepo je da ste objavila ovu priču o Svjetskom nogometnom prvenstvu za žene 2023. @indahnuria 

Da, volim nogomet od malih nogu. Pratim našu nogometnu reprezentaciju mušku (ali samo na TV-u).

Sigurno su mnogi čuli za veliki uspjeh Hrvatske na zadnjem Svjetskom prvenstvu u Kataru....

Ženski nogomet je dosta zapostavljen ovdje u Hrvatskoj. Prije desetak dana igrala se u Varaždinu službena utakmica Hrvatska-Rumunjska, ali nikako nije bila medijski popraćena.

Pojma nisam imala za tu utakmicu, nažalost.

Sve se vrti oko muške reprezentacije.

Hrvatska televizija je prenosila uživo polufinale i finale iz Australije i Novog Zelanda. Naravno, gledala sam i uživala...

Kao što sam uživala i u ovoj vašoj priči!!!

Pozdrav iz Hrvatske!

😊🇭🇷