Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Where to capture cherry blossoms in Japan

Spring is coming to the Northern Hemisphere, and one of its most beautiful signs is the blooming of the cherry blossom trees. 

Cherry blossom viewing — or hanami in Japanese — is a centuries-old tradition in Japan. It’s a time for friends, family, and work colleagues to enjoy a picnic or a stroll under the trees. With the blooming period being just about two weeks, there are official forecasts every year of when and where to see the sakura cherry blossoms. 

Here are some of the best spots in Japan where Local Guides capture the cherry blossom season. For tips on how to take great photos of the blooming trees for Google Maps, check out this post.

1. Akagi South Senbonzakura in Maebashi, Japan

Caption: A photo of blooming pink and white cherry blossom trees in the scenic Akagi South Senbonzakura, with people walking around and lying on the grass under them. (Local Guide nei ryu)Caption: A photo of blooming pink and white cherry blossom trees in the scenic Akagi South Senbonzakura, with people walking around and lying on the grass under them. (Local Guide nei ryu)

2. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden in Tokyo, Japan

Caption: A photo of blooming white cherry blossom trees over a pond at the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, with the Docomo Tower skyscraper in the background. (Local Guide 慕少奇)Caption: A photo of blooming white cherry blossom trees over a pond at the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, with the Docomo Tower skyscraper in the background. (Local Guide 慕少奇)

3. Arakurayama Sengen Park in Fujiyoshida, Japan

Caption: A photo of blooming cherry blossom trees on the hillside of Arakurayama Sengen Park, with a view of Fujiyoshida and Mt. Fuji in the background. (Local Guide nei ryu)Caption: A photo of blooming cherry blossom trees on the hillside of Arakurayama Sengen Park, with a view of Fujiyoshida and Mt. Fuji in the background. (Local Guide nei ryu)

4. Nanohana Road in Kawazu, Japan

Caption: A photo of a branch of the famous Kawazu Sakura tree in bright pink. (Local Guide kenjiro yamashita)Caption: A photo of a branch of the famous Kawazu Sakura tree in bright pink. (Local Guide kenjiro yamashita)

5. Four Seasons Road of Yamazaki River in Nagoya, Japan

Caption: A photo of three sparrows resting on the branches of a cherry blossom tree along the Yamazaki River in Nagoya, with some of the blossoms blown away. (Local Guide Tung JP)Caption: A photo of three sparrows resting on the branches of a cherry blossom tree along the Yamazaki River in Nagoya, with some of the blossoms blown away. (Local Guide Tung JP)

6. Hikone Castle in Hikone, Japan

Caption: A photo of a boat gliding along the moat around the Hikone Castle and surrounded by white cherry blossom trees. (Local Guide YOSHIHIRO YASUMURA)Caption: A photo of a boat gliding along the moat around the Hikone Castle and surrounded by white cherry blossom trees. (Local Guide YOSHIHIRO YASUMURA)

Are there cherry blossom trees where you are? What’s your favorite spot to photograph blooming trees in spring? Let us know below.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

34 comments
Level 10

Re: Where to capture cherry blossoms in Japan

Very nice post @Ivi_Ge . Good to know about these beautiful places in Japan.

I have shared some glimpses of Cherry blossoms from India. These shots were taken early this month (March 2024) by me at at two distinct places. 

1. Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India 

Caption: Collage of Flowers in Spring at Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, IndiaCaption: Collage of Flowers in Spring at Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India

2. India Africa Friendship Rose Garden Garden, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India 

Caption: Collage of Flowers in Spring at India Africa Friendship Rose Garden, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi , IndiaCaption: Collage of Flowers in Spring at India Africa Friendship Rose Garden, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi , India

Hope you will like these photos.

Cheers! 

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 9

Beautiful locations @Ivi_Ge  thank you for sharing with us 

Connect Moderator

Hello @Ivi_Ge 

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of Cherry blossoms with us. Thank you for sharing the beautiful traditions of time out with friends and family in Japan. I can imagine it's a lovely time out.

We haven't an idea about spring season here in Africa. We only have rainy season and dry season. We sometimes have harmattan when there is cold dusty breeze from North Africa coming through to us in west Africa. It does be a bit cold and dusty so we still classify that under dry season. We are expecting rain now from March through to October 

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Betreff: Where to capture cherry blossoms in Japan

@Ivi_Ge 

Die Vielzahl der Kirschblüten Bäume in Japan ist ein Traum und jedesmal eine Freude diese Bilder zu sehen.

1000003366.png

Ich füge ein Foto aus unserem Kurpark in Eckernförde bei, zurzeit blüht er noch nicht.

Wir haben leider nur einzelne dieser schönen Bäume..

Level 8

Nice post dear @Ivi_Ge as per my knowledge India state Meghalaya ( seven sisters eastern India) capital shilong every year Host the international cherry blossoms festival.in India.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

Thank you so much @Ivi_Ge for your sharing amazing photos. I know Japan is a very beautiful country. If you get a chance, I will go to Japan and enjoy the beauty of Japan. 

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 7

What a beautiful flowers @Ivi_Ge 

Thanks for sharing with us.

Say "NO" to Plastics. Kindly Use Alternative, Even It Little Costly

Level 10

@Ivi_GeWonderful picture are captured. Thanks for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Connect Moderator

As you will know @Ivi_Ge I was in Japan from mid-to-late October which sadly is the fall season, Autumn and not Spring so sadly, we didn't see the blooming of the cherry blossom trees.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. Love them all.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!