AnubhaBangia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Worldwide Accessibility Walk 2023 - Inclusivity and Accessibility!

Hello Everyone!

Greetings of the day!

Here I am with my another post and sharing with you all my own experience when it comes to wheelchair accessibility ‌‌in the most posh areas of Gurugram City. I visited two restaurants to not only share my food experience but what the place has to offer in terms of wheelchair accessibility. 

Post Banner Creatives - Anubha BangiaPost Banner Creatives - Anubha Bangia

1. First I visited Gulati Restaurant, located in Mega Mall Gurugram City. 
  •  Below is the slant areas for wheelchair navigation from drop area till restaurant:

Slant Areas Picture Collage - Arrows define the route from drop area till restaurant.Slant Areas Picture Collage - Arrows define the route from drop area till restaurant.

• As I moved in the mall area, I discovered three wheelchairs at different spots. I had a conversation with Helpdesk person, he said we have total 4 wheelchairs. 

Wheelchairs Availability at different spots within mall premises.Wheelchairs Availability at different spots within mall premises.

Mega Mall Accessibility Services: 

• Wheelchairs Available - Yes
  • Wheelchair Accessible Entrance : Yes
  • Wheelchair Accessibility Restroom: No
  • Staff Hospitality and Inclusivity: Yes

And, then I ordered the food at the restaurant - The food served delighted my taste buds to next level as it had the generous splash of flavors! Gulati Restaurant, Mega Mall 

Dish Name : Palak Patta Chaat - Fried Spinach leaves covered with Yoghurt and sauces!Dish Name : Palak Patta Chaat - Fried Spinach leaves covered with Yoghurt and sauces!

2. Second, I visited my favorite coffee spot - Starbucks, this time at One Horizon Center, Gurugram City.

One Horizon Center has restaurants and offices. The entry has the plain surface for easy movement of wheelchair, a person can reach their favorite restaurant or office in no time. There is a well organized pick/drop area.  

Accessibility Services at One Horizon Center Gurugram CityAccessibility Services at One Horizon Center Gurugram City

Then, I headed towards Starbucks for evening coffee and snacks. Starbucks never disappoints when it comes quality and hygiene level of food. Their Merry Merry Bun uplifted the Christmas Vibes!

Starbucks, One Horizon Center 

Christmas Special Dish - Merry Merry Bun - Sweet Bun stuffed with whipped cream and berries!Christmas Special Dish - Merry Merry Bun - Sweet Bun stuffed with whipped cream and berries!

One Horizon Center Accessibility Services: 

• Wheelchairs Available - Yes
  • Wheelchair Accessibility Restroom: Yes
  • Wheelchair Accessibility Parking : Yes
  • Wheelchair Accessible Entrance: Yes
  • Staff Hospitality and inclusivity: Yes 
  • Staff Understanding of Accessibility: Met Expectations
  • Cleanliness Level of Restroom: Met Expectations
  • Wheelchair Navigation Level: Easy.
  • Staff Supportiveness for Disabled: Yes

Hoping more places add for Wheelchair Accessibility Compliance and this would surely increase the drive for inclusivity!

#LocalGuides #OneAccessibility

Tagging my mentors, moderators and local guides for their reviews and inputs :
@TravellerG @NareshDarji @Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite @Anil6969 @FalguniP @Gurukrishnapriya @PrasadVR @RosyKohli @AZ_2021 

Happy Reading!

Happy Travelling!

Gurugram, Haryana, India
22 comments
Level 7

Re: Worldwide Accessibility Walk 2023 - Inclusivity and Accessibility!

Due to tag limitation, tagging more local guides for their reviews and inputs @Smita_Patil @Rohan10 @GasparKaren @ShailendraOjha 

Reviews and Inputs are welcomed and will be highly appreciated from everyone!

Connect Moderator

Congratulations on conducting accessibility checks at two major places in Gurugram @AnubhaBangia 

I have heard about those places but never got to visit there.

All photos are perfect, and the food looks delicious too 😋

The banner composition is wonderful with the differently abled looking delighted and cheerful. 👍

Level 7

Thank you so much @Tushar_Suradkar Sir. Your inputs means a lot to me! After lots of research, I selected these two places for accessibility checks. Both these places are happening and often crowded. 

Yes, the banner came out well, I specially designed this banner for the WAW 2023 to show the essence of inclusivity and accessibility. 

Level 8

It’s all about superb ✍️nicely narrated,

🖌️beautifully drawn banners,

exploring accessible for disabled person, 🎄festival vibes,

overall well defined post !

Thanks for tagging me @AnubhaBangia Ji 🙏

& of course...............Starbucks never disappoints when it comes quality and hygiene level of food........ unique blend review! 💯

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 7

Thank you @ShailendraOjha Sir for taking time out in reviewing my post and all your inputs are truly welcomed. I am glad that you liked it. I did try to cover every aspect to create multiple essence for everyone! I really enjoyed designing the banner for WAW 2023, feels nice that you also liked it. Regards Sir!

Level 10

@AnubhaBangia  ji, it's a great post, first, the banner looks wonderful, showing people very happy with their disability. You have done a good job checking accessibility at two important places, and you explained the accessibility locations with photos and arrow marks. Palak Patta Chaat and Merry Merry Bun are very delicious. I appreciate the narration of your experiences. Thank you for tagging me. 

Signature Image
Level 8

Thank you for sharing your experience with wheelchair accessibility in Gurugram City..! It's great to hear that both Gulati Restaurant and Starbucks at One Horizon Center have made efforts to ensure wheelchair accessibility. The availability of wheelchairs at different spots within Mega Mall is a positive step towards inclusivity. Your food experiences at both restaurants sound delightful. The Palak Patta Chaat at Gulati Restaurant and the Merry Merry Bun at Starbucks sound delicious.
Creating a more inclusive environment for people with disabilities is crucial, and it's encouraging to see establishments taking steps towards accessibility compliance. Thank you for being an advocate for inclusivity and accessibility! Your post serves as a valuable resource for individuals seeking wheelchair accessible options in Gurugram City. Keep up the great work, @AnubhaBangia ! Thanks for tagging me in your wonderful post.
Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 7

Thank you @PrasadVR Sir for all your inputs and taking time out in reviewing my post. It means a lot to me! I just did the random check on two places and saw positive orientation towards accessibility and disability. I also had a conversation with helpdesk staff to see their supportiveness towards it. Glad that you liked the narration of my experience Sir. Regards Sir! 

Level 7

Glad that you liked my entire experience @Rohan10 , it means a lot to me! I did the entire research on both the locations and had the conversation with helpdesk staff to see their supportiveness and helpfulness towards disabled person. From that, I made up my mind to write a post and give it a theme as "Inclusivity and Accessibility". Yes, food was full of flavors. My entire research and trip ended with the cup of coffee and Merry Merry Bun! Regards and Happy Festivities!