JustJake's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

31 Day Road Mapper Challenge

Awesome little Challenge Logo created by Google's Duet AI in Google WorkspaceAwesome little Challenge Logo created by Google's Duet AI in Google Workspace

Inspired by @MrFreez recent 30 Day Map Contribution Streak Invitational - I'd like to challenge myself to make a Road Mapper contribution every day in January, and I invite all of you to join me.

Here are the guidelines I've set for myself

• KMs do NOT matter - even a day of deleting misdrawn roads counts
  • The number of contributions per day does NOT matter - this is for creating the routine, though I'd like to get around 10 per day minimum
  • Quality is the #1 priority of each challenge presented - I'll skip anything I cannot make a quality contribution to and move on
  • Start each day with the challenge location where I have the least amount of KMs contributed to
  • One challenge in a day is OK. I'm very busy, and all I want is to do my tiny part each day to help in this program

If any of you would like to join me, please let me know in the comments. Let's motivate each other, and discuss ideas that come up along the way for what would be helpful in the Road Mapper. My guidelines are not a rulebook, if you have anything you'd like to add, please do!

Also, I have zero connection with Road Mapper, Google, or Connect and this is not sanctioned or approved in any way by those entities. There are no prizes aside from knowing we're helping in the Road Mapper mission.

EDIT: We have reached the end of January and the 31 days!! Some of us didn't have access or got a late start ... but that's OK. Let's Meet-Up on February 11th to talk about it! 

If you did the Challenge, kindly fill out THIS FORM before we meet.

JustJake TRAC Badge
242 comments
Level 10

Re: 31 Day Road Mapper Challenge

@JustJake Very good initiative, I want to join the 31-Day Road Mapper Challenge.

I am happy to share screenshots of my contributions to Road Mapper.

Screenshot Sep-23Screenshot Sep-23

Screenshot  Oct-23Screenshot Oct-23

Screenshot Nov-23Screenshot Nov-23

Screenshot TotalScreenshot Total

Signature Image
Level 10

Thank you for tagging me. @JustJake 

Today i climbed to level 10 see my post and although I intended to rest the remainder of the day, I will take a moment to start this campaign with you. 

Although because road mappers doesn’t currently support mobile devices, there’s no assurance of me completing a mapping streak. However, I’ll do the best possible. 

I wish you the best in this campaign. 
Happy new year 2024

Level 8

1000025071.png

Caption: Map contribution screenshot 

New year - New day - New challenge - New contribution start , 🗾 dear @JustJake 

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

I'll join in @JustJake 

Started in December and quickly reached 100km. My current streak is 26th December to 1st January. I'd set myself a January target of 5km per day even before you published this, so my report for Day 1 is 7 edits totalling 5.2km in DR Congo.  

Level 10

I'm in @JustJake ,

try to do my best. I have plenty of time..... "Ooops Error" gave me the opportunity to spend more time on Road Mapper.

Take care and wish you all the best .

Ciao

TRAC Badge
Level 10

You're on a roll already @tony_b. I didn't realize that I missed the 31st, otherwise I'd be on day 21. It's all good because I'm starting fresh with the 1st. So far I've gotten 4 challenges done today; 4.5km in Kenya just to round out my 100km total contributions there. I've already broken my own rules 😂. I will hit up a few in Uganda now, as it's my lowest Km country.

Thank you so much for joining in, man.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Well, @MarcoDavoli, maybe taking a month off of adding on the Live Map will get you out of the Oops Loops! There's no cutoff here in Road Mapper, and there's a LOT to be cleaned up with a very quick approval time and a full list of edits to review 😉. Thanks for joining in the fun.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

@ShailendraOjha We're coming into 2024 with that New NEW! I'm stoked you're on board, thank you for joining me.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

How about you take a free day and you can just finish on Feb 1st, @MrFreez? You've earned it! Congratulations!!

JustJake TRAC Badge