Ofelia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Are you having problems lately when uploading your photos to Maps?

Lately, I'm having problems when uploading photos of business like empty restaurants, their food or products (without people). I got a message that these absolutely normal photos may not comply with Google Policies or a message that the photos are uploading, but the photos keep uploading for more than 1 week without being published. I reported to Google Support and the answer I got is that I'm not punished or have penalties and then asked me to come here. Can somebody help me. Please!...

Braga, Portugal
10 comments
Level 10

Re: Are you having problems lately when uploading your photos to Maps?

@Ofelia  I have not experienced this type of issues. I believe that How-tos  category is the better place for posting this type of issues.

I would like to tag our Connect Moderators @MortenCopenhagen , @ErmesT  , could you please  help.

Signature Image
Level 7

I'm not very experienced with "Connect,". Thank you!

Level 7

Are you having problems lately when uploading your photos to Maps?

Lately, I'm having problems when uploading photos of business like empty restaurants, their food or products (without people). I got a message that these absolutely normal photos may not comply with Google Policies or a message that the photos are uploading, but the photos keep uploading for more than 1 week without being published. I reported to Google Support and the answer I got is that I'm not punished or have penalties and then asked me to come here. Can somebody help me. Please!...

Example: A Hamburgueria do Club en Google Maps

https://goo.gl/maps/L3M2xBhYXGRbd3FCA

Level 10

@Ofelia  No problem. Posting under the 'How-To' section gets more attention for this type of issue. That's why I suggested it.

Since you may not be very familiar with Connect, you might find it helpful to read this welcome-card .

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

Hello @Ofelia 

Thank you for reporting the issue you have in uploading your photos to Google maps.

Like @PrasadVR has told you, the how to section is the correct category for this. Nevertheless you didn't need to write a second post. All you needed to so is edit the category/Label of the first post. Edit-your-post-Why-and-How-To  . Please read the post above and try it out. Thanks 

All that said I'll like to let you know that I've merged both posts together since its the same issue. Hopefully someone will answer your question or try to help you out.

Happy guiding and welcome to local guides connect forum.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 7

Thank you!!!

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the tag, @PrasadVR , and sorry for being so late in your post, @Ofelia 

First of all welcome back to connect after a very long time.

In fact you are mentioning two different issues.

• Pending uploads. This seems to be a random glitch. Are the photos attached to a review? If so try to edit your review removing the photo. We had a glitch related to photos uploaded from mobile that was fixed a few days ago.
  • Photos "against the rules". We are all experiencing this issue, due to a not very accurate filter. In some case, if the photo is not attached to a review, you may be able to appeal directly, but most of the time the only option available is to delete the photo, and try to upload it again.

You can also try to appeal using this form: Account investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps . However this process takes a quite long time (I appealed four weeks ago and 13 of my reviews are still not visible) and even if you can appeal also for the photos, mine were never released (one of them had more than a million views). Can you confirm that the team continues to verify the photos as well, @DeniGu ?

Level 10

Hello @ErmesT , Thanks for the helpful suggestion, I appreciate you taking time even when you are busy.

Signature Image
Google Moderator

Hi @ErmesT,

Yes, the team continues to review photos as well when Local Guides submit the Account investigation form. Due to the high volume of contributions that come through the form, however, the investigation takes a while. Still, that form may be helpful in this situation, so thank you for sharing it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!