DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Celebrating happiness together on International Day of Happiness

If you needed a reason to smile today, this is your sign — happy International Day of Happiness! This great holiday focuses on personal well-being and shared joy, not just on March 20th, but every day of the year. 

To celebrate it, we asked our community to tell us what makes them happy as Local Guides and where they feel the happiest. Here’s what @Teana_K from Australia, @Shrut19 from India, @Gezendunyali from Turkey, and @Calicodreamin from the USA shared. What would your answers be?

Caption: An aerial photo of Local Guide Teana looking at the emerald waters washing Lilley’s Beach in Boyne Island, Australia. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Teana_K)Caption: An aerial photo of Local Guide Teana looking at the emerald waters washing Lilley’s Beach in Boyne Island, Australia. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Teana_K)

What Local Guide activity brings you joy, @Teana_K? 

Sharing my aerial content on Maps brings me joy. I like to think that the aerial perspective helps the community decide whether they want to visit that place or not.

Is there a place where you feel the happiest? 

Lilley’s Beach, Handley Dr, Boyne Island QLD, Australia. It is very close to where I live, and I go there often. There are no crowds, and turtles nest there every year. It is quite beautiful.

Caption: A collage of two photos of Local Guide Shruti wearing a lanyard with the Google logo (left) and pointing at a Local Guides sticker on the back of her car (right). (Courtesy of Local Guide @Shrut19)Caption: A collage of two photos of Local Guide Shruti wearing a lanyard with the Google logo (left) and pointing at a Local Guides sticker on the back of her car (right). (Courtesy of Local Guide @Shrut19)

What Local Guide activity brings you joy, @Shrut19?

I love the meet-ups with Local Guides. There are no words to describe how joyous it is to meet each other. During physical meet-ups, which I normally prefer, I love to interact with and get to know the Local Guides from around here, and in virtual meet-ups, I have the pleasure of connecting globally. 

My favorite visit was to the Google office in Mumbai. I had always wanted to go there and I got to meet a lot of Googlers and Local Guides for the first time. So this place is very, very special to me.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide Burak on a yacht at the Mersin Marina in Turkey, with the sea and Mersin city skyline behind him. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Gezendunyali)Caption: A photo of Local Guide Burak on a yacht at the Mersin Marina in Turkey, with the sea and Mersin city skyline behind him. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Gezendunyali)

What Local Guide activity brings you joy, @Gezendunyali?

I have two answers to this. One is the activities I have participated in and the other is the activities I dream of. The activities I have participated in are the Local Guides challenges, which excite me very much, and the online meet-ups that my friends hold. I try to participate as much as possible because it is very nice to hear the voices of the people whose posts I read. What I dream of is, of course, to feel the strength of friendship more by hugging everyone tightly at a reunion party.

Especially after the pandemic, it brings me peace to be in places where there is nature and sea. I think the fact that I am a Mediterranean person influences this. The thing I like the most these days is renting a boat, observing the infinity of the sea, and breathing in its smell. My favorite place is the Mersin Marina.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide Sarah standing on a bridge over one of Amsterdam’s canals. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Calicodreamin)Caption: A photo of Local Guide Sarah standing on a bridge over one of Amsterdam’s canals. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Calicodreamin)

What Local Guide activity brings you joy, @Calicodreamin?

Trying new eateries gives me the greatest joy.

I feel the happiest at Thai Bistro & Bar because they have the absolute best noodles in town.

Local Guides, what brings you joy? Where do you feel the happiest? Let us know in the comments.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

62 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Celebrating happiness together on International Day of Happiness

@DeniGu 

Bei mir ist es auch der Aufenthalt in der Natur bevorzugt am Meer oder Wald.

Ich wünsche allen viele glückliche Tage.

Level 10

Ynt: Celebrating happiness together on International Day of Happiness

Hi @DeniGu  thank you for tihs articel😊🙏🏻I think it's a great feeling to be included in such a wonderful article on International Happiness Day, in one of the places where I am happiest. It feels great to share our happiness with my other friends. I send my love to my local guide friends who are here and share their happiness with us. To all my moderator friends who included me in the article. Thank you also. I hope we celebrate many more happy days together.😊🫶🏻

Level 8

Re: Celebrating happiness together on International Day of Happiness

Best wishes to all local guides on Happiness Day.

Thank you @DeniGu  for giving me the opportunity to speak my mind on the occasion of Happiness Day.

I feel happiest exploring new places and physically being there.

And I am most happy to sit and chat with local guides in the country or even outside the country. I am happiest by discussing our experiences and the culture of our country.

Thank you very much for sharing your happy moments with us. Dear

@Teana_K 

@Shrut19 

@Gezendunyali 

@Calicodreamin 

Md. Khokon Sharker
Connect Moderator

Wow @DeniGu 

This is another nice post of recognition of local guides. Thank you so much

@Teana_K congratulations to you. Keep happy and spread the happiness 

@Shrut19 congratulations too. Be happy 

@Gezendunyali I'm not surprised. Keep active and happy 

@Calicodreamin keep the happy spirt going.

Special shout out to @KashifMisidia @Lukas_ @MarcoDavoli @PrasadVR @MrFreez all my TRAC   participants and local guides in general.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thank you so much @SholaIB 😊👍🏻

Connect Moderator

Thank you @DeniGu for such a beautiful post, and thanks to my bro @SholaIB for tagging me in it 🙏

Love to see my dear friends @Gezendunyali @Shrut19 along with @Teana_K & @Calicodreamin .

Traveling always brings me immense joy and happiness. I love exploring cities on foot and experiencing them like a local. During my last visit to Indonesia, I cherished every moment and created wonderful memories. The country is not only worth revisiting, but I also met amazing people there who showed me beautiful hospitality. Meeting local guides, both in my own country and abroad, is always a delightful experience for me. Tagging my some more friends in this beautiful post.

@JaneBurunina @Tushar_Suradkar @NareshDarji @indahnuria 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Nice story @DeniGu 

You know. Happiness is the thing we really need it. We hope we experience real happiness all together in the country.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 9

1000109263.jpg

1000112438.jpg

Thanks @DeniGu for this beautiful post of International Day of Happiness. There is nothing more than Happiness in this world. 

1000111475.jpg

Connect Moderator

Tagging some more friends, Meeting with whom I always find happiness, some of them I have met virtually, and some in-person, but the measure of happiness remains the same always.

@TravellerG @Velvel @Ddimitra @Erna_LaBeau @Nyainurjanah @Zuhralc @RahmatHarmanP @doc_dells 

@DeeDesty @Anil6969 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge