TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Google Maps Badges [1/5] - Different Badges & How to Acquire Master Reviewer Badge - TravellerG

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Photo #1, Cover Photo

Hi, dear friends…

Many of us are aware and may be “Master” Badge holders; however, recently, a few LGs asked me about the different Badges available in Google Maps and hence this series of posts.

I request my friends to kindly give me feedback on whether the information in this post will be clear to newcomers, please - thanks, in advance; also, mention your badges in the comments, if it is okay with you.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform mePhoto #2, Caption: My Collection of Badges on Google Maps. (the scores are as of 26th of March 2024).

Different Badges and the 3 Sub-Levels:

There are five ‘Master’ Badges & one ‘New Contributor’ badge that I could achieve; except the ‘New Contributor’ Badge, all the other five badges have 3 Sub-levels: ie. Novice, Expert and finally the Master. There are specific conditions/criteria for reaching these levels/goals.

The ‘Director’ Badge is connected to your videos, the ‘Reviewer’ Badge is related to your written reviews, the ‘Photographer’ Badge is related to your photos uploaded, the ‘Trailblazer’ Badge shows the ‘New-Places’ you have explored, ‘Fact Finder’ shows your ‘Edits’ & ‘Answers’ (details in the 5th Post).

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform mePhoto #3; Caption: The ‘Reviewer Badge with 3 levels and its conditions/criteria to acquire it (explained later).

The REVIEWER BADGE

How/Where to locate these Badges:

First, a surprise: These Badges are NOT visible on PC; these are visible only on the App/Mobile (Android & IOS).

Open the Google Maps App on your mobile -> Select ‘Contribute  Tab’->  Tap on your ‘Username’ -> On the next screen, again tap on your ‘Username’ (DP) ->  Now, your Badges will be visible.  (view navigational images).

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform mePhoto #4; Caption: My ‘Master Reviewer’ Badge with the scores.

What are the requirements for each level?

• Novice Reviewer:

Just write reviews for any 3 places and the badge will be yours; so, most of us will have this Badge.

• Expert Reviewer:
  1. Write reviews of 25 different places and also…
  2. Out of the above 25 reviews, you need to write at least 5 places with reviews having 200 characters (or more).
  3. Also, you need to get 5 likes from fellow LGs, for any of the above reviews.

All these three conditions should be fulfilled to get the Badge; also, expect some gestation period for announcement.

•  Master reviewer:
  1. One needs to complete 100 reviews, which is not a difficult task.
  2. And, out of the 100, 50 reviews should have 200 characters (or more).
  3. Write informative, helpful and interesting reviews so that you can easily get 50 likes from our fellow LGs. (Important Note: Self-marking ‘Likes’ will end up in banning your account).

All the three conditions should be completed.

Hope the explanations are clear; in case you have any doubts, kindly mention them in the comments - I shall answer them.

Note: 

The ‘Director’ Badge, the ‘Photographer’ Badge, the ‘Trailblazer’ Badge, and the ‘Fact Finder’ Badge will be explained in the next 4 posts - the separate publishing will help you in searching these badges, later. 

Regards to all,

@Praniketmore @ShubhamWaman @HinalLad @RaviSharma111 @bhayani_naitik @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @Premalpatel @PrasadVR @AnubhaBangia .

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

106 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Maps Badges [1/5] - Different Badges & How to Acquire Master Reviewer Badge - Travell

Dear LG Members,

I understand that many of you are "Masters"; but, add your "Suggestions & Comments" to help others to score more and faster, so that I can add them in the main post.

@NareshDarji Ji, @KashifMisidia Ji, @indahnuria @Shrut19 @Tejal @Gurukrishnapriya @NandKK 

Kindly do the needful, when you are free,

Thanks with regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Re: Google Maps Badges [1/5] - Different Badges & How to Acquire Master Reviewer Badge - Travell

Thank you for such informative post sir @TravellerG .

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 7

Thanks dear @TravellerG Sir for explaining the criteria & the methodology for achieving or say to collecting those different Badges... 👍🤓🙏

Level 10

Thanks for your quick response, my dear @Praniketmore,

Kindly let me how user-friendly is this post, so that I can make future posts more suitable for you all -

What are your opinions and feedback?

Also, check & let me know your scores here or personally.

Connect Moderator

Excellent post @TravellerG and with this you have touched upon a very important and lovable topic for everyone - the Google Maps Badges.

As a heavy desktop user - almost 99% time using Google Maps on a desktop computer's browser, I spent a bit of time locating the badges, before realizing they can be found only on a mobile device.

I have got all except the Master Director for which the cut-off of 1000 videos is a bit too high.

Though the number of views is already surpassed with just 375 videos so far. 

This is a bit of relief and heartening since I now have to only upload the required number of pending videos to get his badge.

Google Maps badges earned by local guide Tushar Suradkar as on 25 March 2024Google Maps badges earned by local guide Tushar Suradkar as on 25 March 2024

Level 8

I sincerely appreciate your helpful post @TravellerG .

Shubham Waman  || "Every click tells a Story" ||
My Posts || Map Profile
Level 9

Thanks for  sharing with us @TravellerG   Informative  post for us  to learn about Badges  . While sharing photos, videos, reviews and Map edit  on google map. 

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 10

Thanks @TravellerG for starting this series of posts about our Local Guides Badges (and thanks also to @Tushar_Suradkar for referring me here). 
When I began contributing as a Local Guide several years ago, I didn’t really have much interest in Badges as I was more focused (😉) on photography. But due to my competitive nature, I soon found myself chasing achievement milestones and working towards master status in every badge became another Local Guide challenge. For me, the Master Photographer came first, and the Trailblazer and Fact Finder badges were pretty much a result of my photography- it’s frustrating when I would go to post a photo only to realize the place wasn’t even listed or was listed in the wrong location. This led to me submitting many edits and adding new places, so those badges came as a result. The category I initially had to work hard for was the Reviewer.  I don’t frequent restaurants, bars or other entertainment venues, so my reviews seemed sort of forced at first (how often do you feel like writing a review about a gas station or a grocery store?) Eventually I found myself writing reviews about parks, beaches, trails, etc. and not feeling like every review had to be about a business establishment.

Once the Director badge was added, that became my biggest challenge. Having taken thousands upon thousands of photos as a Local Guide, it was difficult for me to reprogram my brain into taking videos- I always just forgot to shoot videos. (Sort of strange since I’m someone who’s worked over thirty years in the field of film and television-lol). So the Master Director ended up being the most challenging, for me. I think it took me a couple of years to reach that milestone.

Thanks again for posting this series and “Good Luck” to all you Local Guides who are working toward achieving these badge milestones!

Matt

badges.gif

Level 8

Thanks SIR @TravellerG Sir for explaining the criteria & the methodology for achieving or say to collecting those different Badges

Pranav Trivedi