Nithin1991's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Urgent: Issue with Google Review Visibility

My name is Nithin M Oommen, and I am a dedicated Google reviewer and travel blogger. I have been contributing genuine reviews and uploading authentic photos for many years.

However, I've noticed that my reviews are not consistently visible to the public. When I share review links, recipients receive a message stating that the link is not supported. As a loyal user, this experience has been disheartening.

Here are my concerns:

- Despite my efforts, my reviews remain unpublished.

- I have never received any gifts or recognition from Google Maps.

- My friends at lower levels have received gifts like socks & all, which adds to my disappointment.

I kindly request a complete resolution from Google India's side. I want my genuine and useful reviews to be visible to the public. As a Level 8 reviewer, I believe I deserve better t

reatment.

Mallappally, Kerala, India
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Urgent: Issue with Google Review Visibility

Hello @Nithin1991,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

At the time of writing, you had posted 384 reviews, of which 303 were public, with your most recent being 36 minutes ago. Perhaps you're trying to share a review that's unpublished or accidentally removed a letter or number from the link, which is why others aren't able to access it. Most, if not all, of your reviews are fairly polite and thorough. I think the unpublished reviews may be erroneously triggering one of Google's filters or AI to hide the review. Certain areas are able to appeal an enforcement action; check if you have this ability. If not, fill out this form so Google can investigate and reinstate the reviews if they're compliant. Also, in some reviews, there are near-identical photos attached; try removing them.

As for you not receiving any rewards, remember that this is a volunteer program. Any perks, gifts, or other rewards that Google hands out are at their discretion. I know that you might feel disappointed by this, but if you keep contributing and meet the criteria, you may eventually receive a reward. If you would like to be eligible for rewards, make sure that you permit Google to email you any reward they decide to give out here. If you would like to know why they hand out rewards or simply want more information, you can read about that in this post.

Regards,

Ethan

Connect Moderator

Re: Urgent: Issue with Google Review Visibility

Hi @Nithin1991 

I would recommend you take a critical look at your contributions prior to using the form suggested by @EthanL1 

You are violating some guidelines.  I see quite a few redundant or even duplicate photos. All such photos should be deleted by you. 

Your reviews are also quite a bit longer than recommended. One paragraph is best, and try to ensure your main point is in the first sentence.

Finally, some of your texts sounds more like something an advertising agency would write rather than a genuine guest/consumer.

Google has automatic filters that hide your reviews so only you can see them. This can happen when some of your reviews violate the review guidelines.

Read about typical review guideline violations here. And please see my latest post called 4 Tips on writing better reviews

Best of luck
Morten