haritha_vasudevan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

Mahabaleshwar, a picturesque hill station nestled in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, India, is renowned for its stunning viewpoints that offer panoramic vistas of the surrounding hills, valleys, and forests. Among these, three viewpoints stand out for their breathtaking beauty and serene atmosphere: Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat.

IMG_20240304_150521.jpgElephant Point:

Elephant Point, also known as Needle Hole Point, is a mesmerizing viewpoint that offers a unique spectacle of nature. As the name suggests, the rock formation at Elephant Point resembles the trunk of an elephant. This natural wonder is created by a series of holes in the rock, which are believed to have been formed by the continuous erosion caused by the wind and rain.The view from Elephant Point is truly spectacular, especially during the monsoon season when the surrounding valleys are blanketed in lush greenery and the clouds play hide and seek with the sun. The viewpoint offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, making it a popular spot for nature lovers and photographers alike.

View from Elephant PointView from Elephant Point

Savitri Point:

IMG20240304134631.jpgSavitri Point, named after the legendary wife of Lord Brahma, is another gem in the crown of Mahabaleshwar's viewpoints. Situated atop a hill, Savitri Point offers panoramic views of the Sahyadri mountain range and the Krishna Valley below. The viewpoint is also famous for its stunning sunrise and sunset views, which paint the sky in a myriad of colors.

One of the highlights of Savitri Point is the Savitri Temple, dedicated to Goddess Savitri. The temple is believed to be one of the oldest in Mahabaleshwar and is a popular pilgrimage site for devotees. Apart from its religious significance, the temple also offers a serene and tranquil atmosphere, perfect for meditation and introspection.

IMG_20240304_151030.jpgArthur's Seat:

Arthur's Seat, named after Sir Arthur Malet, the then British officer, is one of the most popular viewpoints in Mahabaleshwar. Situated at an altitude of 1340 meters, Arthur's Seat offers breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and the Savitri River. The viewpoint is also famous for its unique rock formations, which are said to resemble the seat of a king, hence the name.

Apart from its scenic beauty, Arthur's Seat also holds historical significance. It is believed that Sir Arthur Malet used to sit at this viewpoint and gaze at the surrounding landscape, finding solace in its beauty. Today, visitors can experience the same sense of peace and tranquility that Sir Arthur Malet once did, making Arthur's Seat a must-visit destination in Mahabaleshwar.

In conclusion, Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat are not just viewpoints; they are symbols of the natural beauty and tranquility that Mahabaleshwar has to offer. Visiting these viewpoints is a truly enriching experience, one that will leave you awe-struck and rejuvenated. So, if you're planning a trip to Mahabaleshwar, make sure to include these three viewpoints in your itinerary for a truly memorable experience.

Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra, India
10 comments
Level 10

Ynt: Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

Hello @haritha_vasudevan , welcome to the forum. It is a very nice article. Sharing such different points with us is really a pioneer for our future trips, but I would like to ask, are the photos taken from a very high angle belong to you? Because in accordance with the form rules, we do not use photos that do not belong to us in our articles, please. If so, correct your article and publish it.

Level 8

Ynt: Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

Hi @Gezendunyali,

Hello! Thank you for your feedback on the article. Yes, all the photos in the article were taken by me using my mobile during my recent visit to Mahabaleshwar.

Level 10

@Gezendunyali 

Just out of curiosity, I am wondering what led you to suspect that the photos posted by @haritha_vasudevan belonged to someone else? 🤔

Level 10

Hello @haritha_vasudevan , thank you very much for your answer, you took great photos. ☺️👌🏻What makes me say this is that usually photos with such wide  and high places are unfortunately taken from other places in many users' posts. Ours is just to warn our friends in the forum. If it is not a quote from another place, the text remains as it is, otherwise it falls into the Spam folder.☺️👍🏻

Level 9

Betreff: Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

@haritha_vasudevan 

Sehr zutreffend und gut beschrieben diese Schönheit der Natur und Landschaft.

Perfekte Bilder dazu 

Connect Moderator

Re: Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

Thank you for sharing your travel recommendation with us. @haritha_vasudevan 

I would recommend going to Mahabaleshwar during monsoon season for travel because it is in this season that it is fun to enjoy the amazing beauty of nature.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Re: Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

Hi @NareshDarji,

Thank you for the recommendation! Exploring Mahabaleshwar during the monsoon season sounds enchanting.

Level 8

Betreff: Mahabaleshwar's Majestic Trio: Exploring Elephant Point, Savitri Point, and Arthur's Seat

Hi @Annaelisa,

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the description

Connect Moderator

As a resident of Pune, I visit Mahabaleshwar regularly, almost once a year, every year.

Excellent photos @haritha_vasudevan 👍

Also, the query by @Gezendunyali is not misplaced.

This is because the photography looks professional, and the viewpoints are up from the sky.

But it is very easy to reach such viewpoints by road in Mahabaleshwar and take stunning photos from there on a sunny day.

Do you live in Pune, Haritha?

Local guides of Pune are meeting next month, if you'd like to join.

Regards,

Tushar