ajitthite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Rejuvenating amidst Nature at Surya Shibir Resort

Hello LGs,

A weekend getaway to Surya Shibir Resort, nestled in the Sahyadri Valley near Pune, was a big opportunity for us to unwind and rejuvenate amidst the beauty of nature.

A cover banner showing Macaw bird seating on my hand at Surya Shibir Resort bird Aviary.A cover banner showing Macaw bird seating on my hand at Surya Shibir Resort bird Aviary.

It was a one-and-a-half-hour drive from our house. Surya Shibir greets you with warmth and nature's embrace. The serenity of the Varasgaon Dam backwaters provides an idyllic backdrop for the resort.

We had scheduled an overnight stay for our family. The rooms were spacious, with balconies overlooking the backwaters. A truly mesmerising view.

Photo 01: A view from the room's balcony was most beautiful and overall rooms were good and specious for the families.

They have a large dining area that serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisine, with separate kitchens for each. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all included in the booking price. You can enjoy delicious, wholesome meals while taking in the breathtaking scenery of the surrounding countryside.

Photo 02: They had all the signages for the visitors to follow. DIning hall was very specious. All food was served buffet style.

One of the resort's true highlights is its captivating bird aviary. Getting inside is like entering a vibrant pocket of paradise. A symphony of chirps and songs fills the air as a kaleidoscope of colors dances from branch to branch. The striking plumage of macaws, the constant squawking of various parrot species, and the loud screeches and whistling of white cockatoos all combine to create a mesmerizing spectacle. The aviary is more than just a visual treat; it provides an opportunity to see nature's wonders up close. Informative signage teaches you about the various bird species, such as the blue and yellow macaw, green chick conure, sunconure parrot, crimson belled conure, white cockatoo, Lorini parrots (Violet-necked lorikeet, red lorikeet, and rainbow lorikeet), and their distinguishing characteristics, as well as the importance of bird conservation. 

Photo 03: A few playful areas followed by bird aviary. 

Photo 04: The bird aviary was a special attraction for us. Different species of parrots, Macaws and white cockatoos were star-studded attractions. 😀 

The aviary offers an exceptional meditative experience. The gentle flutter of wings, vibrant colours, and soothing sounds of birdsong all contribute to a sense of peace and tranquility. We discovered it as a place to unwind from the stresses of daily life and simply be in the moment. 

Photo 05: Signages throughout the premises allowed us to discover various activities available to explore along with the locations of your room types.

Photo 06: The backwater shore was serene and beautiful.  But the securities cautioned us that there are crocodiles in it and avoid roaming alone and thick bushes, lonely places around. Scary!! 😱

Surya Shibir provides more than just the tranquility of the aviary. The resort offers a variety of activities to keep you entertained. Take a refreshing dip in the pool, go for a nature walk through the surrounding hills, or participate in some light adventure activities. In the evenings, relax by the bonfire under a starry sky, listening to the symphony of nocturnal creatures.

Photo 07: The natural surroundings are preserved throughout, and some porches are built with seating for guests.

A weekend at Surya Shibir is more than just a getaway; it is a mental, physical, and spiritual rejuvenation. The embrace of nature, the serenity of the bird aviary, and the resort's warm hospitality combine to create the ideal recipe for relaxation and revitalization. As you return to the city, you will have a renewed sense of peace, a heart full of natural beauty, and the lingering melody of birdsong in your ears.

The Accessibility features for wheelchairs won't work here as it is designed at different levels and only steps are designed to access. And note that certain mobile networks ("Vi" or "Vodafone" network) are not available here.

You can check out my review here.

How to reach:

The nearest airport, railway, or bus station is in Pune, Maharashtra. The best and most convenient way to get there is by road. Hire a private cab for the duration (you cannot call one from the location) or drive yourself. For couples, two-wheel drive is the best option because you can drive along the backwaters and mountains.

Nearest attractions: (Actually, you don't need any as you're already at a good distance away from the citybuzz.)
Sinhgadh fortKhadakwasla Dam, Varasgaon Dam, Lavasa, and Temghar Dam

It was a nice experience overall.

See you guys, until next post.

Cheers!

Varasgaon, Maharashtra, India
23 comments
Level 8

Re: Rejuvenating amidst Nature at Surya Shibir Resort

@ajitthite 

Dada nice post let me add in my list places to visit thank you so much for sharing this with community.

Regards Tejal 

Connect Moderator

What an amazing relief from the routine resorts of hill stations, this one has everything one can ask for.

The rates are economical too with so many fun activities with birds in the laps of nature 👍

Wonderful photos and collages @ajitthite 👍

Level 8

@ajitthite 

very nice dada about weekend enjoy.

Level 8

Nice post @ajitthite dada like the photographs , such a beautiful serenity of the bird aviary.

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 8

A perfect weekend destination. Nice photos @ajitthite 

Abhishek Patki
Connect Moderator

Indeed this resort is full of natural beauty as well as many fun activities, making it an ideal place to spend a wonderful weekend. @ajitthite 

Thank you for sharing this post with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thanks for your appreciation, @Tejal Ben! Yes, please do visit.

Cheers!

Level 9

Yes, it was a stress buster for us, and it was also not far away from home. We normally visit Panchgani or Mahabaleshwar but this time thought of a shorter drive. It turned out to be a good option.

Thanks for your appreciation. @Tushar_Suradkar .

Cheers!

Level 9

Thanks for your appreciation. @mohanghyar.

@Praniketmore, it was a wonderful experience overall for us. 

@abhishekpatk  , it is a nice weekend getaway for families especially.

Thanks for your appreciation, guys.

Cheers!