AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Seals at work!

Caption: Seals at work, Eden, NSW, Australia, March 2024 (@AdamGT)Caption: Seals at work, Eden, NSW, Australia, March 2024 (@AdamGT)

Introduction

In early 2020, I was sailing around New Zealand and then headed off to Fiji and Vanuatu in the South Pacific, see for example Captain James Cook's Five Fingers, Auckland, the City of Sails and Living on a small Island.  This was my last holiday, as COVID hit and I only just made it back home in Australia before they closed the border because of COVID.  Hard to believe but that was 4 years ago now this was when the Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards were born.

Well a few weeks ago, my lady and I decided to have a break from the Leaderboards another holiday, our first post-COVID and this time we revisited New Zealand (see one of my photos here) then went to Tasmania, an island state of Australia (see some photos here and here) and then, why not, we decided to extend this and sail up the eastern coast of Australia. Our first stop was Eden (see photo here), today we're at Airlie Beach in the Witsundays (believe me a beautiful, must visit part of the world) and soon we'll be heading to Cairns and then Port Douglas. I did say that this was our first holiday but in actual fact we did have a short break while at the Moderators face-to-face brainstorming in Tokyo when we also took a cruise around the southern islands of Japan and also visited Taiwan.

Caption:  Seals at work in Milford Sound, New Zealand, March 2024 (@AdamGT)Caption: Seals at work in Milford Sound, New Zealand, March 2024 (@AdamGT)

Caption: From a distance, Seals at work, Eden, NSW, Australia, March 2024 (@AdamGT)Caption: From a distance, Seals at work, Eden, NSW, Australia, March 2024 (@AdamGT)

Now to the Seals at work!

Well that was a long winded introduction/background to what this post is all about LOL.  Well as usual, being a keen hobby photographer, I've been snapping and snapping throughout the entire holiday and as I'm sitting here in Airlie Beach, I was browsing through some of the photographs I had taken and saw the ones included in this post. While not candidates for Google Maps, and lets face it when travelling we do take photos for pleasure, and I obviously took these as they caught my eyes, they depict different kinds of "seals" at work and I thought this would make a fun story to tell. We do see some interesting things when we travel.

Are you like me and when travelling take photos other than photos for Maps? If so, I'd love to see them and hear the story behind them so please do jump in and share.

26 comments
Level 8

Re: Seals at work!

Dear @AdamGT sir 

Recently i spent my  autumn vacation in Buddha pilgrimage circuit - kushinagar i klick the one of the beautiful picture in government resort & tourism information centre, i share with you this pic. check the what is unique in this picture.

1000031914.jpg

 thanks in advance sir 

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Level 9

Betreff: Seals at work!

@AdamGT ich war ziemlich überrascht ein U-Boot mit Marines zu sehen und darüber die Bezeichnung Robben.

Richtige Robben erschienen dann ja auch noch.

Auf jeden Fall interessant 😊👍

Level 10

Ynt: Seals at work!

IMG_2303.jpeg

Hey @AdamGT this is a very nice photos☺️👌🏻 I saw a very interesting marine during my trip to Monaco last summer. Captain Cousteau, who made programs on television for a long time, used this in his tv programs. Now it is on display in Monaco.

Connect Moderator

Hello @ShailendraOjha

I've been to quite a few Buddhist sites including temples around the world (see example below) but I never before hear I heard about Buddha pilgrimage circuits and had to Google to find out more. You clicked an interesting looking tourism information center Shailendra, thank you for sharing.

Caption: Asokaramaya Buddist Temple Colombo (@AdamGT)Caption: Asokaramaya Buddist Temple Colombo (@AdamGT)

Caption: Large Buddha at Gian Buddha Temple Taiwan (@AdamGT)Caption: Large Buddha at Gian Buddha Temple Taiwan (@AdamGT)

Caption: @AdamGT  sitting on the steps of the brilliant-white and large World Peace Pagoda, in Pokhara, NepalCaption: @AdamGT sitting on the steps of the brilliant-white and large World Peace Pagoda, in Pokhara, Nepal

Connect Moderator

Hello @Annaelisa 

Navy Seals are the United States Navy Sea, Air, and Land (SEAL) Teams and the equivalent to Navy Seals in Australia are the Commandos but for the point of this post, I referred to them as SEALs.

Connect Moderator

Ynt: Seals at work!

How interesting @Gezendunyali, I saw many of Captain Cousteau's television programs. Was there anything else related to Captain Cousteau on display there or was this a one of?.

Level 8

Thank you very much sir @AdamGT  sir, in india GOI (government of India) made -

Buddh circuit - Lumbini(Nepal)  kushinagar, saarnath, Bodhgaya this tourism centre called Buddha circuit.

Krishna pilgrimage circuit - Dwarka - Nathdwara - Mathura - vrandavan - Puri, called Krishna pilgrimage circuit.

Ramayana circuit - Janakpur ( Nepal) & Ayodhya ( India) called Ramayana circuit

& Many more tourist circuit As A My best knowledge. It's just for knowledge sharing sir.🤝

Recently i visited Krishna pilgrimage circuit Mathura - Vrandavan so i clicked on my Google pixel mobile camera, one beutiful picture share with you.

1000032821.jpg

 caption:- Krishna janmsthan(potra kund) pilgrimage pic.

Note:- this city also famous for ancient festival Holi.( Festival of colors).

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Connect Moderator

Thank you @ShailendraOjha for more information about the circuits. We can learn something every day.

Level 9

@AdamGT das habe ich durchaus so verstanden . 

Den Ausdruck Seals kenne ich gut.

Einige dieser USA Serien in meinem Fernsehprogramm sehe ich sehr gerne.