SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

TRAC main event 23rd March.We want U

Caption: A photo of TRAC Green flag flying on too of a mountain with a blue line drawn tracing all the way to the top of the mountain where  the  flag is. Some words written in red . We want you  etc. Photo credit @@MarcoDavoli our prominent statistician and active TRAC participants participant.Caption: A photo of TRAC Green flag flying on too of a mountain with a blue line drawn tracing all the way to the top of the mountain where the flag is. Some words written in red . We want you etc. Photo credit @@MarcoDavoli our prominent statistician and active TRAC participants participant.

We want you we want all local guides. All hands on deck,community effort is far more productive than a single labour. United we stand,divided we fall etc. These are all the slogan a typical community builder will verify and use in building a community.

I'll stick in the famous quote "if you want to go fast go alone,but if you want to go far go together". We want to go very far to improve roads on Google maps. As a result we want to carry all our fellow local guides along together. Please feel free to join this campaign.

• Please note: This events kicks off exactly on the 23rd of March 2024 and runs through to September 23rd. All being well
  • All participants both old and new should kindly endeavour to fill the form. We want to be sure the old participants wants to continue on the campaign and that new ones wants to join. Lack of activity means exclusion from our periodic charts and news. 

How can I join TRAC   ??? 

• Kindly fill out this 👉🏼Form  
  • We also kindly request for a screenshot of your profile photo showing the number of roads you have before participating in TRAC   
  • Username on connect to  be able to access the Google maps profile and to follow your progress as we go along and perhaps tag you on our posts on connect as well.
  • Geographical location
  • There is a link to our telegram group on the form. Feel free to join or not. It's optional. Nevertheless it's very interesting interacting closely outside connect.
  • Meet-up and group discussions are a possibility for instructions and motivations 
  • We will plan to publish top 10 highest contributors at the end of the event in September all being well.

We have since reviewed the aims,objectives and rules of the initiatives.

1. We will endeavour not to account for inactive or dormant members(If any) when announcing our results or publishing news of TRAC on connect.
  2. We will be ready to tutor local guides privately until you have at least 10 approved roads before you can officially join TRAC 
  3. Accuracy and correct drawing of roads as opposed to rush rush for high figures and shoddy road drawing practices.
  4. We are open to vibrant ideas and ways to better or improve the initiative viz a viz improve roads on Google maps.

What are the requirements for joining?

1. Particularly must be an active and legitimate local guide.
  2. Participants must have at least X amount of approved roads on their profile. Just to encourage all hands to be on deck.
  3. Your level as a local guide is not a required for joining TRAC 

I haven't any clue about drawing roads and don't have any approved roads on my profile. Can I still join? 

• The answer is YES. There will be a probation period allowed of which we will be happy to tutor local guides for their first few roads.

Please Note: This is not a competition it's a simple campaign. It is aimed at creating awareness on drawing roads.It's also aimed at improving the maps network worldwide. There are  no gift or medals at the end of the campaign.it's a voluntary activity like all local guides activities.

Caption: A closing remark and vôté of thanks from Marco himselfCaption: A closing remark and vôté of thanks from Marco himself

Disclaimer This campaign or post about adding roads, is unofficial and it's my personal initiative to help improve the maps. Note that any information collected will not be used for any other official purpose outside connect forum.

Look forward to active participation and interactions over this. All questions are highly welcome and we are open to improving and editing this campaign for good

N.B please visit our Index-for-TRAC-All-you-need-to-know.  For full detail information on TRAC. @Scheria here you go ! @NgocVu3822 here you are too!

Happy guiding and mapping 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Lagos, Nigeria
67 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: TRAC main event 23rd March.We want U

Reserved for private use.

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Okay & Thanks for new date announcement @SholaIB 

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Level 10

Pretty detailed and informative post about the kickoff of TRAC main event 2024 @SholaIB and that too which lasts for 6 months. 

This is a great opportunity to new as well as for the existing members to participate and learn.

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 10

I've filled out the Form and I'm ready to go! Thank you for organizing this campaign again, @SholaIB. We'll achieve big things through this. I also suspect we'll create a lot of Level 10 Local Guides from the points generated from adding roads.

To any newbies who want to join us - Please make Quality your top concern, not numbers. Hunting takes time, and the TRAC Stars with 1,000s of roads have all developed their tricks over time, not by just drawing lines all over the map. Start slow, start early, and make great contributions. 

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Tagging some LGs who may be interested in joining up this year:

@RochL99@NirmalTeja@Rednewt74@MahabubMunna@LewisW92@AMIR_121       

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

Thank you for taging me @JustJake 

I filled the form and waiting to start that campaign. 

Hail the local guides 😄

contact me on telegram with: @AMIR_121 ID.
Level 10

@AMIR_121 wrote:

I filled the form and waiting to start that campaign. 

Hail the local guides 😃

Fantastic news! Welcome aboard, bro.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

@SholaIB  I've completed the Form and tagging some LGs who might be interested in joining this year. @Scheria , @Tandrima2 , @Mohi_Alig , 

Signature Image
Level 7

https://t.me/+rpYaoOAZqMpjMWUO. Is this Link is Expired? I can't Join.