ajitthite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

RECAP | Pataleshwar Temple, Pune meet-up

Hello LGs,

This is the recap of my meet-up that happened yesterday, Feb 25, 2024, at 3:30 PM IST at Pataleshwar Temple, Pune

A banner designed by me for the Recap post on my physical meet-up at Pataleshwar Temple, PuneA banner designed by me for the Recap post on my physical meet-up at Pataleshwar Temple, Pune

This meet-up was originally scheduled for Feb 11, 2024, at the same time, but due to my health, I postponed it. It was based on accessibility checks, meet and greets, and knowledge sharing topics, respectively.

Highlights:

• We had the attendance of 7 local guides from Pune, including me!
  • @SaurabhPolekar and @ShubhamWaman were attending for the first time.
  • We spent around 3 hours together.
  • I shared a memento with the team for attending.
  • Tushar also shared the badges with the members who didn’t get them in the last meet-ups.
  • We checked 4-5 accessibility points.

@Tushar_Suradkar and I reached at the same time around 3:15 PM. Saurabh, Shubham, and @Madankumarj joined after a few minutes. 

@Anannya_19 and her friend joined us a bit late, but they informed us well in advance and were in touch.

The premises also house the office of the Archeological Survey of India, and the Pataleshwar temple is a protected monument under them. The premises also have the Samadhi temple of Jangli Maharaj adjacent to them. The main road is named after this saint as Jangli Maharaj Road.

Photo 01: The main entrance was checked for accessibility, and access to caves was also verified.

when we met with Shubham, he informed that the link on the Google Maps was actually misguiding to The Pride Hotel nearby. So without wasting any time, we submitted the suggested changes on the Google Maps.

Photo 02: As we entered, we saw this small temple of Lord Ganesha close to the main gate and a couple of huge banyan trees, one behind that and one on the pathway to the caves. They must be very old indeed!

Photo 03: As we get down towards the caves, there is another entrance to Jangli Maharaj Temple, located very next to it on the same premises.

Photo 04: Access to the caves and the adjoining space was also checked for accessibility. Most of the connecting entrances or paths had steps due to the cave structure and contour lines of the area.

Photo 05: A magnificent view from the upper level of the cave. At the center, we have a mandapa of Nandi.

Photo 06: As we enter the main cave, we have this huge open space, mainly known as "Gabhara" in front of Lord Shiva's temple inside.

Photo 07: Then we see restricted entrance to the Lord Shiva's temple. You can see a few other statues of Lord Hanuman, and Lord Ram, Seeta and Lakshman in front of each other. Everything is restored and placed according to their original places. 

Photo 08: Team had a great time together on knowledge sharing, introducing each other and showing their memento of the day!

Photo 09: We had this samadhi temple of Jangli Maharaj next to it, anc also checked the accessibility of the same.

Photo 10: The premises of Jangli Maharaj Samadhi is very serene and well-maintained.

Photo 11: We had a tea session here at JM Corner, a mini food mall.

Photo 12: Then we moved on to the Surabhi Fast food center, very close by and had some refreshment.

Photo 13: A collage of the virtual attendees in the meet-up. Thanks a lot @TravellerG sir, @Onkarjadhav @Praniketmore for joining us.

While having refreshment , we had a couple of video calls from our beloved LGs @Shrut19 and @Globe_trotter_Ish respectively,

We introduced us with them and exchange greetings.

While departing, I once again explained on Captions on the Google Maps and how to add the details there.

My reviews of the visited places:

We all had a gala time, decided to meet again very shortly. many of us are going for the Mumbai Meet-up by Rohan10 on March 03. 2024. So, see you then!

Cheers!

Thanks for attending physically,Anannya Banerjee, Madankumar Jadhav, Saurabh Polekar, Tushar Surudkar!

TravellerG sir, Onkar Jadhav, Praniket More, Isha and Shruti tai, thanks for joining virtually.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
36 comments
Level 8

Re: RECAP | Pataleshwar Temple, Pune meet-up

Amazing pictures and such an interesting post to read...unfortunately I couldn't join the meet-up this time but surely will be there next time! @ajitthite 

Level 7

This is first time I visited pataleshwar caves..  @ajittjite thanks for organizing

Level 10

Marvellous, very dear friend, @ajitthite Ji,

An excellent collection of memories represented by beautiful photos; had a feeling of being there with you all!

Amazing blend of "Multiple Events" well presented - Spiritual, Heritage, Gethering, Accessibility, Food...and whatnot!

The memento of the day was very interesting! Congratulations - I too have something similar for our Mumbai Meet!
The collage #3 of Pataleswar Temple is very interesting!

Thanks for providing a window for the 'Virtual Meet' and adding the screenshot too - highly appreciate this valuable gesture.

Most sincerely with the hope to meet you all very soon,

Regards with prayers...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

In complete agreement and resonance with @TravellerG 

The recap is simply wonderful - capturing every aspect of the short meetup from so many angles @ajitthite 

It feels like rewatching a reel of the events unfolding 😊

The collages are superb, especially I like the way you showed the central mandap from a dark place by using a black background in the cover photo. Superb 👍

Thank you immensely for hosting the meetup at a very interesting iconic place, despite health issues, and for the innovative card + calendar.

Hoping to see you at the next meetup soon...

Level 8

@ajitthite This was my first connect meetup at Pune .It's unfortunate that I only connected digitally; the next time we meet, I'll definitely try to meet physically.

Nice to see a summary, and the accessibility point check is extremely ordered. looks you guys enjoy a lot.

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner

Level 8

This was my first connect meetup with Local Guide.
It's nice to meet all of you.

@ajitthitesir Nice choice of site for the meetup.
I've talked to @Tushar_Suradkar sir on WhatsApp, but it's good to see you in person.
I met new LG @Madankumarj , @SaurabhPolekar  And @Anannya_19  It's fantastic to meet you all.

I believe 10-15 people have Gathered for the Pune meetup, but only 6 are physically available.

all remaining members, I hope you will join the next meetup @Praniketmore its great to see you in next meetup.

Lots of new stuff to learn from Senior LG. @Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite sir.

In the future, I hope to learn a lot from every senior LG @TravellerG .

Shubham Waman || "Every click tells a Story" ||

My Profile Follow me on Maps Instagram 
Level 9

Superb meetup @ajitthite ani @Tushar_Suradkar @ShubhamWaman and all you people are doing wonderful job proud of you .

Nice recap with collaboration activity pic is awesome. 

Regards 

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

Thanks a lot, @HinalLad; we missed you on the site and on the phone, virtually as well. 

See you soon; take care!

Cheers!

My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

You're welcome, @Madankumarj Next time, visit with the family; you will enjoy more, and also visit Jangli Maharaj Samadhi.

Cheers!