ajitthite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

RECAP - Photowalk Meetup in the Kanheri Caves of Mumbai by Rohan10

Hello everyone,

Here is the recap of the Sunday, March 3, 2024, Kanheri Caves Meet-up that was hosted by our beloved Mumbai Local Guide, @Rohan10.

Collage banner of the RECAP of Photowalk meet-up at Kanheri Caves, Mumbai

I started from Pune by the state transport luxury bus at 7 AM and reached the location by 11:30 a.m.

The host and a few other local guides from Mumbai and around, Karan, Harsha Rai and Tushar from Pune, and a special mention of TravellerG and Raj Tayade, who attended all the way from Bengaluru and Aurangabad, respectfully, some of them were attending the physical meet-up for the first time.

Photo 01: Collage of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali, main entrance and ticket window.

Photo 02: There is a souvenir shop at the main entrance near the Exit gate.

Photo 03: The first batch arrived had a quick snap with the meet-up banner.

We bought the individual tickets to enter Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Most of the LGs arrived well in the time scheduled. From the gate, we boarded the local bus transporting us to the footsteps of the Kanheri Caves, which are almost 6 kilometres (approx. 4 miles).

After a brief introduction of the attendees, we started climbing up and had a great photowalk of the caves and surroundings.

Photo 04: The team LG, at the base of the Kanheri Caves.

Photo 05: The details of the tickets and the entrance of the Kanheri Caves.

Photo 06: We checked a few accessibility points while visiting the caves.

Photo 07: We checked a few accessibility points while visiting the caves.

Photo 08: Kanheri caves entry ticket, a details information and signboards to guide the visitors.

Photo 09: Some of the photos taken by LGs at Kanheri Caves.

Photo 10: Some of the photos taken by LGs at Kanheri Caves.

Photo 11: Some of the photos taken by LGs at Kanheri Caves.

We spent almost 3–4 hours there and had a light afternoon meal at the cafeteria.

Photo 12: After a brief walk around the caves, we had afternoon meal at the cafeteria at the Caves entrance complex. While the meal was getting ready, we discussed and shared the important updates and challenges we faced on Connect and Google Maps and seniors suggested appropriate solutions.

Photo 12: Some of the accessibility points checked at the cafeteria premises.

Photo 13: Everyone had their turn for a click with the banner. It was a proud moment for all of us.

Photo 14: Some new and old LG friends met again. 

Photo 15: Some group photos while returning and a photo of the souvenirs share among the team. Tushar, TravellerG, Rohan and I, shared some momentos with the LGs.

We went back to the SGNP main gate by bus and dispersed with warm wishes and the assurance of meeting again on March 17, 2024, at the Pune meet-up.

Meet-up attendees:
Rohan and myself, @Tushar_Suradkar , @Shrut19 , @TravellerG sir from Bengaluru, @MayuriKubal , @ModNomad from Panvel,  @karan_lalpotu, from Pune, @Raj_Tayade from Aurangabad, @NandKK , @SagarDiary from Ambernath, 
@Shirish555 @Bala_Chennai Harsha_Rai from Pune.

Virtual Attendees:
Rosy mam, Tejal ben and her son, Anil bhai and Anish. Thanks everyone!

Photo 16: A collage of the virtual attendees Rosy mam, Tejal ben and her son, Anil hai and Anish.

It was a great experience overall and we departed agreeing to meet again shortly in Pune, on March 17, 2024, Sunday.

Till then,

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
35 comments
Level 9

Re: RECAP - Photowalk Meetup in the Kanheri Caves of Mumbai by Rohan10

And, yes, tagging here to:

@Shreeish  @Bala_Chennai @RosyKohli @Tejal ben from Balsad, Gujrat, @Anil6969 from all over India currently Shimla 😀,  @Harsha_rai from Pune.

Virtual Attendees:

Rosy mam, Tejal ben and her son, Anil bhai and Anish

My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 8

What a amazing recap of our meet up...! @ajitthite dada... Awesome coverage. You have clicked a great shots... Also, accessibility information you have provided is very useful. It was a great time with you all. I must thank you for attending the meet up. Meet you soon.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 6

कण्हेरी लेण्यांमध्ये झालेली मीटअप ही अतिशय उत्तम पद्धतीची मीटअप होती. यांमध्ये नवीन लोकांना यामध्ये यामध्ये आलेले अनुभव खूप भारी आणि इपिक होते यांमधून भविष्यामध्ये कॉन्ट्रीब्युट करताना घेतानाचे काळजी फोटोग्राफीच्या टिप्स आणि व आपल्या अनुभव शेअर करण्यात व जाणून घेण्यात खूप मजा आली. मीटअप साठी आलेल्या सर्व लोकल गाईड्स पोस्ट आणि सर्व कॉन्ट्रीब्युटर्सचे मनापासून धन्यवाद आणि आभार.

Level 8

When I read @ajitthite Sir your  post, I still feel like I’m right there. It’s great that we’ll benefit from your experiences in the future too. Your cheerful nature will always be remembered. 😊All the photos are amazing.

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Connect Moderator

Completely agree with @Raj_Tayade 

It feels like going back in time while reading the recap @ajitthite 👍

Looking at the great collages, already miss the amazing time we spent with @Rohan10 and @Shrut19 Tai and others.

It is a life-long memory.

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@ajitthite दादा,

छान वाटले वाचुन, परत एकदा भेटुन आठवणी ताज्या झाल्या सारखं वाटले,

सर्व फोटो ंची मांडणी छान ..

पोस्ट शेअर केल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद..

Level 9

Thanks for tagging and metioning my location 😀 I really enjoyed your post and meet up @ajitthite .

However miss you all a lot for not attending physically. 

But yeah the kind of value addition and bonding development is commendable. 

My bestbwishes to all thebteam for this grand success. 

Keep sharing good practices. 

Team mumbai and puneri.

Regards 

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

I must say that it was a very well-organized meet-up by you, @Rohan10, and I highly appreciate that.

It was a wonderful thing to meet some new and enthusiastic LGs around Mumbai and Maharashtra. As we decided, try something together with the Mumbai team for the Maharashtra Day meet-up if possible.

Cheers!

Level 9

Thanks; it was nice meeting you all personally there, @Shreeish.

A minor suggestion: whenever you respond to anyone here, add his name to the response with an "@," e.g., for me, it would be @ajitthite.

Cheers!