ajitthite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

RECAP: Pune Accessibility Meetup at PCMC Science Park

Hello LG friends,

On February 4, 2024, @Tushar_Suradkar hosted this meet-up at PCMC Science Park, Pune as a combination meet-and-greet and accessibility check, which was originally scheduled for January 26. This is my recap of the same.

A banner with few photos at meet-up location, PCMC Science Park, Pune.A banner with few photos at meet-up location, PCMC Science Park, Pune.

Seven local guides from Puneri were present. An hour later, we arranged a virtual call meet-up, and nearly eight of them joined from across India. Around 4:30 PM, @abhishekpatk, @Abhi_Pune @NERKARAMIT his daughter, and I arrived; Tushar, @karan_lalpotu, and (Kalpesh Jain) @KJ22999 were already there. Karan and Abhijit were attending for the first time.

Photo 01: Main Entrance of the Science Park Building with an Accessibility Check.

Photo 02: This is the actual MIG-23 fighter aircraft replica that welcomed us as we entered the premises. On the opposite side is where all the vehicle parking is located.

For each of our individual vehicles, we paid for both entry and parking. They have large areas designated for two- and four-wheelers, as well as some portions for wheelchairs, respectively.

Photo 03: Seniors and wheelchair users can access the planetarium via a separate lift.

We spent almost 4 hours, and Tushar confirmed that we had checked 12 accessibility points around the premises. 

Photo 04: Once we all gathered at the entrance lobby, we had a virtual call to other LGs who couldn't attend physically.

Photo 05: At the entrance lobby they have showcased some attractive experiments like Newton's cradle, National Solar Calendar, Foucault Pendulum, TATA Nano mini car.

Photo 06: Automobile section was one of a kind and very rare for a museum theme in India. 

Photo 07: On the first floor, they have Fun Science and Energy and exhibition section. 

Photo 08: In Fun Science section, even old one like me was enjoying it. 😂

Photo 09: The gifts and badges were shared with the team and a photo with our banner was a must! Photos by Amit Nerkar and Kaipesh Jain

Later, we visited a cafe nearby for meet and greet: some snacks and tea and just to have a general discussions and know each other.

Photo 10: We visited Cafe Durga, not far away from the Science Park and had some snacks, tea, coffee and reviewed the food, place and got some photos as well. Photo by Amit Nerkar.

It was a nice meet-up and we learned a lot from each other.

Here are my reviews:

1. Review of PCMC Science Park

2. Review of Cafe Durga

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra, India
15 comments
Level 8

Re: RECAP: Pune Accessibility Meetup at PCMC Science Park

Very descriptive recap. I liked all photos. @ajitthite dada.

Thank you for joining meetup travelling all the way from Bibwewadi. We enjoyed the meetup. 

Abhishek Patki
Level 8

@ajitthite 

NICE DADA I MISS THIS MEET

Level 8

nice meet-up  Pune Accessibility Meetup at PCMC Science Park very nice photo

We are waiting for you all.

Join us for a fun and informative meetup to explore Surat City using Google Maps. Whether you're a Local Guide or just visiting, this meetup is a great way to learn new tips and tricks, share your experiences, and connect with other LG enthusiasts.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Diamond-City-Surat-Calling/td-p/3711477

Pranav Trivedi

Connect Moderator

Nicely covered recap and also the Science Park exhibits @ajitthite.

The collages are outstanding.

They capture all the vibes of our meetup, the science park, and also the cafe.

Congratulations to first-time participants @karan_lalpotu and @Abhi_Pune 

Also, a huge thanks to @abhishekpatk for all the background arrangements in choosing the Science Park and the cafe for the meetup.

This made the meetup entertaining, engaging, and hassle-free.

Thanks a bunch, to @NERKARAMIT for all the goodies! 🎁 we really enjoyed it 👍

Level 8

Banner representing overall recap, superb Dada @ajitthite 🙏

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Connect Moderator

It seems you had a great time! @ajitthite 

Your detailed recap post was very informative and enjoyable to read. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@ajitthite Thank you sir for sharing the nice post, I appreciate your focus on accessibility points. Photos are good 👍 

Signature Image
Level 9

Thanks for picking me up from the Metro station, @abhishekpatk! It was a nice gesture!😎👍

Yes, it was a fun and great time we had together.

Cheers!

My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

Thanks a lot, @mohanghyar I am waiting to meet you in person.

Cheers!