AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Community Challenge: Create a hex sticker design for #EuroMeetup2024!

Caption: A cover photo showing the text "Community Challenge, We Need You #EuroMeetup2024" and a graphic of a pointing figure on top of four bands of colours in the background.Caption: A cover photo showing the text "Community Challenge, We Need You #EuroMeetup2024" and a graphic of a pointing figure on top of four bands of colours in the background.

Update (21/0424): The challenge is over and @PeteMHW and I have chosen the winner for this Community Challenge in conjunction with the upcoming EuroMeetup event in Manchester! Drumroll please... CONGRATS to @Praniketmore for his winning design! We've since worked with Praniket to make some minor adjustments to the design to get it suitable for printing and here's the final outcome.

Caption: The winning design of the EuroMeetup Community Challenge by @Praniketmore. The design has a dark blue background, texts that read "EuroMeetup 6-9 June 2024 Manchester" and an image of a cartoon like bee.Caption: The winning design of the EuroMeetup Community Challenge by @Praniketmore. The design has a dark blue background, texts that read "EuroMeetup 6-9 June 2024 Manchester" and an image of a cartoon like bee.

We will be getting this design printed into stickers and distributed to the attendees of the EuroMeetup event! And hopefully, we'll be able to get them sent over to Praniket as well! Huge thanks to all the other participants; @ShailendraOjha @Shubhu1 @PennyChristie . The iterations in your designs have been awesome and great to see how the designs changed with feedback etc. Thanks to @TravellerG for his huge support as well. We hope that you've enjoyed this challenge!!

Update (11/04/24): I've decided to re-write a big chunk of this post to make it easier to read and the deadline has now been extended to give folks enough time! 😅 Please do give it a read again as some extra details have been included.

Helllooooo Local Guides Community! 😚 We were thinking of ways to engage the Connect community to promote the #EuroMeetup2024 meetup and we came up with this fun and creative Community Challenge that has a pretty awesome "prize"! 

The Challenge: 

Design a hexagon shaped sticker for the #EuroMeetup2024 event

Deadline:

Saturday, 13th April Tuesday, 16th April (extended to give you all enough time especially for our Muslim Local Guides who are busy celebrating Eid!)

The Prize:

The winner will have their design printed into real stickers that will be handed out to the attendees of #EuroMeetup2024. And if the postage cost is not too expensive, we'll try our best to send some copies of the stickers to the winner!

Rules:

• Please ensure that your designs follow standard community guidelines and are appropriate! 👼
  • If you are incorporating design elements that you have downloaded from the internet, please make sure that they are free for non-commercial use and make a record of the original owner so that we can provide relevant attribution as necessary.
  • The winner will be chosen by the event's organisers ( @PeteMHW and @AdrianLunsong ), at their own discretion. We will choose a design that embodies the sprit of the event! 😎

Additional Info:

Here are some additional info that we hope will help with your design!

• Check out these posts to give you more info about the event and Manchester
    • Latest update post for the event. You can choose to include the info below as well but it's purely optional.
      • Date: 6-9 June 2024
      • Event title: EuroMeetup Manchester 2024
      • Official hashtags: #EuroMeetup2024 #EuroMeetup #Madchester2024
    • #MoreOfManchester series that details interesting aspects of Manchester:
  • The official meetup sticker is this:
    Note: For the eagle eyed Local Guides, yes, it has changed ever so slightly with an updated font.

Caption: An image of the official #EuroMeetup2024 event sticker. It's in the shape of a hexagon and the design makes it look like a 3D box where three sides are shown with different designs on them; a bee representing Manchester, the text "Eh Up" , and the event logo comprising of "MADCHESTER 6-9 JUNE 2024".Caption: An image of the official #EuroMeetup2024 event sticker. It's in the shape of a hexagon and the design makes it look like a 3D box where three sides are shown with different designs on them; a bee representing Manchester, the text "Eh Up" , and the event logo comprising of "MADCHESTER 6-9 JUNE 2024".

• Colour palette as seen in the official meetup sticker above:
    • Black: #000000
    • White: #FFFFFF
    • Pink: #FF00CA
    • Yellow: #FED307
    • Blue: #0085FF
    • Green: #00B74A
  • Font used is Frankfurter Normal (used in the text "EH UP" and date "6 9 June'24". The other font is a custom made font that is based on the Lot font.
  • Details on the hexagon shaped sticker can be found in this post. The sticker is going to be 2 inches tall and 1.73 inches wide. Each side of the hexagon is 1 inch. For your design, I would recommend using a 1080 x 1080 pixels canvas size and a 300 DPI resolution (I can then shrink it down to fit the sticker).
  • For those who use Canva, I've created a template design (1080 x 1080 pixels) with a hexagon shape in the centre that you can use as the base of your design. This might make it easier for you. I'm also providing a link to an SVG file and PNG file of the hexagon (it is just a standard hexagon so you should be able to create it yourself too!). 
  • Please keep key/important design element about 2mm within the hexagon shape. This is the safe area for printing.
    Caption: Image shows the areas indicating the Cut line as well as the Safe Area for printing. The image is a rough approximation.Caption: Image shows the areas indicating the Cut line as well as the Safe Area for printing. The image is a rough approximation.

• If you’re familiar with graphic design and printing, feel free to adjust your design to include bleed of about 2-3mm around the hexagon’s edges. If you’re not familiar with bleed, don’t worry about it.

• If you want to use the bee symbol, you can find the SVG file and PNG file here.
    Caption: An image of a bee symbol that is widely used to represent Manchester.Caption: An image of a bee symbol that is widely used to represent Manchester.
  • I'm not very familiar with copyright laws and the sensitivities of creators' rights so I hope that it's okay for all that your submission is under the CC-BY-NC-SA license. I think that license has pretty fair terms.
  • Please submit your design as an image in the comments below and if you know how, please provide a link where we can download your design (accepted file formats for us to download: .ai, .afdesign, .pdf, .png). We will also be in touch with the winner in case we have any problems with getting the design printer ready.

It is a bit of a short notice, but we hope that there's enough time for all of you to give this a try! Feel free to tag Local Guides that you think would be interested in taking part! Enjoy this challenge! 🐝

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Manchester, UK
87 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Community Challenge: Create a hex sticker design for #EuroMeetup2024!

This first comment is reserved for future use! 😊

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

Tagging some folks to help spread the word! 

@TravellerG @Designer_Biswajit @LightRich @Tushar_Suradkar @SholaIB @HiroyukiTakisawa @Jesi @RosyKohli @jayasimha78 @KarenVChin 

Level 7

I have exams going on now so if I get time I will definitely try to do it

Level 8

1000035185.png

 caption:- logo Design for euro Meet Up - Manchester 2024.(It's PNG file).

Dear @AdrianLunsong 

&

@PeteMHW 

I made this logo design keeping in mind Euro Meet Up, it may be different from your hexagon design, but my understanding behind this design is that this is Euro Meet Up means European Local Guide Fellow Meet Up at Manchester & Manchester is famous all over the world for its sports club Manchester United Club and its clothing, so I designed this logo and you can include it in your wish, but this logo design is the exclusive design only for Euro Meet Up Manchester 2024.🤝🙏

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Connect Moderator

@Mukund_hirpara_ wishing you all the best for your exams!! Hope it goes well and yeah, that is more important than this challenge but if you have time during your break, feel free to give it a try. 👍🏽

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your entry @ShailendraOjha . The stickers will be printed in the hexagon shape so you may need to consider how your design will fit. 

I'm not at the computer at the moment but I can share a .PNG of a plain hexagon.

Level 8

1000035188.png

 caption:- made by CANVA & others design creation help.

Is it suitable for your hexagon design? @AdrianLunsong 

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 10

Hello very dear friend @AdrianLunsong 

Thank you very much for tagging me in this interesting challenge! 

I shall surely be attending your request...

But, I would love to tag & invite our master designer, @ajitthite Ji, Connect Moderator @Tushar_Suradkar & senior LG @Rohan10 to this great challenge.

I believe it is our responsibility to involve our young generation LGs - a few of them are @Praniketmore @Shubhu1 @ShubhamWaman .

Of course, latest try to involved many more LGs,

Regards to you all...

🤝🤝🤝

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

@TravellerG  @AdrianLunsong 

Hello sir.,

Good evening.....

Thanks for tagging me to create this sticker/logo design....for #Euromeetup2024!.....

I will definitely make a logo for this.....👍🏻🤗

Shubhangi Patil ||" I Like To be UNIQUE in Whatever I Do..!! "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery